Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Pittsburgh, PA Thread

meatwad

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got about 3 more inches since 5pm last night! Pitt-Greensburg had a 10:00am start so I got to sleep in a bit before coming to work. :devilsmiley: Looking at the Radar, it looks like a pretty solid band setup over the Greensburg area. Around 7am at home I had moderate snow falling with flakes about the size of nickels. Snowed like that for over an hour which is what probably gave me a majority of my snowfall. Total for the event I am probably around 7 inches.

Got a total of 10" inches here, very decent snowfall.

Yeah there on Monday night into Tuesday morning, there is a decent chance of some snow, possibly a band of heavy snow across an area from eastern Ohio to western PA, some accumulation is possible it looks like

Later next week into next weekend, there might be a warm up in sight

Yeah I have around 10 at least here in Plum. Very happy with this. These high ratio snows are very pretty i must say, and a little easier to shovel. Major over performer thumbsupsmileyanim.gifSnowman.gif

I live in Plum also and I would say I had around 12 inches on the ground of which 9 of it was from the last few days. It is hard to say for sure because it was blowing everywhere last night.

Yes,

Something is wrong. The low cuts up in the lakes and we stay cold and frozen.

This will take at least another day to figure out.

Yeah, doesn't make much sense for us to be on the warm side of a low and somehow stay all frozen like that. Maybe just a bad run? Every run up until now has kept us mostly wet. We'll see what the next runs show.

Yes,

Something is wrong. The low cuts up in the lakes and we stay cold and frozen.

This will take at least another day to figure out.

After looking at both the 00z and 06z GFS, it looks like it is trying to form another Low near the coast creating one of those double barrel low setups. That combined with the fact that the low cutting to the lakes stays relatively weak and we have some ridging to the north, seems to be keeping it colder.

After looking at both the 00z and 06z GFS, it looks like it is trying to form another Low near the coast creating one of those double barrel low setups. That combined with the fact that the low cutting to the lakes stays relatively weak and we have some ridging to the north, seems to be keeping it colder.

That feature is still there on the 6z, looks like not much warm air advection at all with the storm. In fact not much in the next 2 weeks. Bastardi may just bust with his January thaw idea, according to the GFS(Take with whole shaker of salt) we get some warming about the 24th or so, not above freezing, the 0 line never does quite get above the Mason Dixon line the whole 360 hour model period. Maybe a February thaw, but that is less common. Say what you want about global warming or the lack there of but this will not be another 2006-2009 type winter, the cycle of warmer winters appears to be over. 1970's here we come.

I've been wondering about this.

Strictly anecdotal, and a broad generalization, but it seems to me that for about the past ten years you could describe us as having about 2/3 winters. If you consider Dec. Jan. and Feb. as the main snowfall months (or bias it forward a couple of weeks to account for March's snows), we've had 2 months of cold and snowy, and a month of slushy, or warmer. Some years it was a warm Jan., some Feb., and some Dec., but it always seems like there's one not so wintery month. I've been wondering if the trend was going to continue with a warm Feb. being this winter's non-winter month. Cause so far, it's been genuine winter weather since early Dec.....

Archived