• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pittsburgh, PA Thread

meatwad

Looks like you should be in more light snow in a few, then a break with in an hour. Where are you heading? Main roads are actually pretty good.

Yeah, I was just going to post that it has let back up again. I'm heading home to Bethel Park shortly from West Mifflin. At least it's not real far. My rear wheel drive truck just doesn't handle this stuff too well. My next truck will definitely be a 4 X 4!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly would be shocked if there is a huge amount of school delays/closings.

I agree, I think by tomorrow morning the roads will be in good shape. Might see some delays but Id be shocked to see closings.

Just measured and I have just a hair over 2.5 inches. I can see ending up with close to 3.5 by the time its all over.

I am in PM with North, please tell me this guy is joking.. "There will be a ton of closings." "Roads are horrible." "Back end snows will add another 3-6" "LES will add additional accumulations"

Hey, I love snow, but there is a time to be realistic. This is the time, the accumulations are pretty much over.

Road crews did a great job IMO. PADot gets a bad rap, but take how many miles of roads and how many trucks, and they have to refill.

I am just west of Farmington, drove from PPG to home, 40, 30, and 119 were all decent.

SCORE! dont have to send hookers! :D

OHZ041-050-PAZ020-021-029-031-073-075-WVZ001>004-012-021-022-

120345-

/O.CON.KPBZ.WW.Y.0003.000000T0000Z-110113T0000Z/

COLUMBIANA-JEFFERSON OH-BEAVER-ALLEGHENY-WASHINGTON-GREENE-

WESTMORELAND-FAYETTE-HANCOCK-BROOKE-OHIO-MARSHALL-WETZEL-MARION-

MONONGALIA-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...EAST LIVERPOOL...SALEM...COLUMBIANA...

EAST PALESTINE...WELLSVILLE...CALCUTTA...STEUBENVILLE...

ALIQUIPPA...BEAVER FALLS...AMBRIDGE...MONACA...BEAVER...

PITTSBURGH METRO AREA...WASHINGTON...CANONSBURG...DONORA...

CALIFORNIA...CHARLEROI...MONONGAHELA...MCMURRAY...WAYNESBURG...

FAIRDALE...GREENSBURG...NEW KENSINGTON...JEANNETTE...LATROBE...

MONESSEN...UNIONTOWN...CONNELLSVILLE...POINT MARION...TORONTO...

WEIRTON...WHEELING...MOUNDSVILLE...NEW MARTINSVILLE...FAIRMONT...

MORGANTOWN

233 PM EST TUE JAN 11 2011

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM EST

WEDNESDAY...

A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM EST

WEDNESDAY.

* ACCUMULATION: A QUICK 1 TO 3 INCHES OF SNOW IS EXPECTED THROUGH

9 PM TODAY...WITH A TOTAL OF 3 TO 4 INCHES THROUGH WEDNESDAY.

* TIMING: STEADY SNOW WILL CONTINUE THROUGH 9 PM...THEN TRANSITION

TO OCCASIONAL SNOW SHOWERS OVERNIGHT. SCATTERED LAKE EFFECT

SNOW SHOWERS WILL BE AROUND WEDNESDAY AND CONTINUE WEDNESDAY

NIGHT.

Dude just said his area gets more snow then mine? Farmington is probably at the highest point in SW PA.. Last winter we had 200"

Is this guy for real?

While a clap of thunder during that heavy band is not impossible, the lack of reports from anyone / anywhere else make it unlikely. As for his snow totals, hes just crazy, not sure if he honestly believes what he says or just says these things to flare people up. Better to just read his posts for entertainment value only.

I am in PM with North, please tell me this guy is joking.. "There will be a ton of closings." "Roads are horrible." "Back end snows will add another 3-6" "LES will add additional accumulations"

Hey, I love snow, but there is a time to be realistic. This is the time, the accumulations are pretty much over.

Road crews did a great job IMO. PADot gets a bad rap, but take how many miles of roads and how many trucks, and they have to refill.

I am just west of Farmington, drove from PPG to home, 40, 30, and 119 were all decent.

I have come to the conclusion that Northpittweather (Not "North pgh", me) is somebody playing with us.

I think he is a troll, maybe even Rants.

I think Ohioweather may be the same person too.

The mom story a while back sounds made up.

Some of his predictions recently were.

1. 6-12 weeks ago.

2. Thought NWS should issue a blizzard watch for us during the Dec 26th storm on the east coast. According to him we were getting 12-18.

3. He also said we would get a severe outbreak several weeks back.

4. Had Thundersnow today.

He is either a 10 year old kid goofing around or an adult which made up a name and is just having fun with us.

I think the latter and it doesn't bother me because it makes me laugh which I think he is doing when he posts.

I wish he would change his name. Why would someone pick a name that someone else has had for 8 years and use it just spelled differently.

Thoughts?

By the way I have about 2.75 inches. (new)

Guys I was in farmington at my camp this past weekend and we got a good 6-8" fri night/sat....I would love to move up there...once you crest the mountain, it's a totally different world from even Hopwood....on a summer day driving there, uniontown can be 86 degrees, then farmington's reading 80.....where are you at in farmington?...how much did you guys get today so far??....

I have come to the conclusion that Northpittweather (Not "North pgh", me) is somebody playing with us.

I think he is a troll, maybe even Rants.

I think Ohioweather may be the same person too.

The mom story a while back sounds made up.

Some of his predictions recently were.

1. 6-12 weeks ago.

2. Thought NWS should issue a blizzard watch for us during the Dec 26th storm on the east coast. According to him we were getting 12-18.

3. He also said we would get a severe outbreak several weeks back.

4. Had Thundersnow today.

He is either a 10 year old kid goofing around or an adult which made up a name and is just having fun with us.

I think the latter and it doesn't bother me because it makes me laugh which I think he is doing when he posts.

I wish he would change his name. Why would someone pick a name that someone else has had for 8 years and use it just spelled differently.

Thoughts?

By the way I have about 2.75 inches. (new)

He needs to be ignored - the problem is as this community rebuilds new people will be reading his ****.

He was a poster that got banned on the old board. I forget his name - it was not a "weather" name. But anyway he "reported" major freezing rain on New Years last year, and was reporting cars spinning out all over northern Allegheny county. Meanwhile it was 36 and rain. He was banned shortly after.

I've tried to tell him to STFU, but mods treat it like it's just two random people fighting.....not eight year veterans (like me/you) trying to shut up a compulsive liar.

Anyway - pretty nice, albeit quick font end thump. About 3" here......will see if some LES sets up to solidly put this in the 3"-5" range.

He needs to be ignored - the problem is as this community rebuilds new people will be reading his ****.

He was a poster that got banned on the old board. I forget his name - it was not a "weather" name. But anyway he "reported" major freezing rain on New Years last year, and was reporting cars spinning out all over northern Allegheny county. Meanwhile it was 36 and rain. He was banned shortly after.

I've tried to tell him to STFU, but mods treat it like it's just two random people fighting.....not eight year veterans (like me/you) trying to shut up a compulsive liar.

Anyway - pretty nice, albeit quick font end thump. About 3" here......will see if some LES sets up to solidly put this in the 3"-5" range.

his name was dearlakesweather on eastern, he had other handles if i recall.

Guys I was in farmington at my camp this past weekend and we got a good 6-8" fri night/sat....I would love to move up there...once you crest the mountain, it's a totally different world from even Hopwood....on a summer day driving there, uniontown can be 86 degrees, then farmington's reading 80.....where are you at in farmington?...how much did you guys get today so far??....

I am actually between Chalkhill and Farmington..

L.B. LaForce, I see you are posting from Michigan, why the interest in SWPA weather. Were your formerly from our area? We are glad to have you whatever the reason just figured I'd ask.

Save those hookers for our next event, someone may win them yet. :lol:

HAHA, yes im from MI. My sister actually goes to University of Pitt for grad school.

Thinking maybe I will just stay home tomorrow....

Issued by The National Weather Service

Pittsburgh, PA

7:59 pm EST, Tue., Jan. 11, 2011

... WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL MIDNIGHT EST WEDNESDAY NIGHT...

A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL MIDNIGHT EST WEDNESDAY NIGHT.

* ACCUMULATION: A TOTAL OF 4 TO 6 INCHES WILL ACCUMULATE THROUGH WEDNESDAY... WITH ADDITIONAL ACCUMULATION EXPECTED WEDNESDAY NIGHT.

* TIMING: BANDS OF STEADY SNOW WILL DIMINISH FOR A TIME AFTER MIDNIGHT. LAKE EFFECT SNOW SHOWERS WILL PICK UP IN INTENSITY WEDNESDAY AND CONTINUE THROUGH WEDNESDAY NIGHT.

* WINDS: SOUTHWEST WINDS WILL BECOME WEST AT 10 TO 15 MPH OVERNIGHT. NORTHWEST WINDS OF 10 TO 20 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 30 MPH WEDNESDAY WILL CAUSE WIDESPREAD BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW.

Archived