Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Pittsburgh, PA Thread

meatwad

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry, i know this doesn't belong here but i thought my fellow Steelers fans would like it

WARNING*****The National Weather Service has issued a falling bird warning for Pittsburgh Saturday starting at 3:30 and continuing until the end of the fourth quarter. Falling birds could be heavy at times especially around the Heinz Field area. Heavy accumulation is likely!!! HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!! ALL YOU STEELERS FANS REPOST THIS TO SHOW YOUR LOVE FOR THE BLACK AND GOLD!!

<br />sorry, i know this doesn't belong here but i thought my fellow Steelers fans would like it

WARNING*****The National Weather Service has issued a falling bird warning for Pittsburgh Saturday starting at 3:30 and continuing until the end of the fourth quarter. Falling birds could be heavy at times especially around the Heinz Field area. Heavy accumulation is likely!!! HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!! ALL YOU STEELERS FANS REPOST THIS TO SHOW YOUR LOVE FOR THE BLACK AND GOLD!!

I've actually heard this one already, but thanks for posting it. We're getting close to hopefully taking down those pesky ratbirds! BTW, I've been seeing an unusually large amount of crows lately! I wonder if there's some significance to that? :D

Sent from my T-Mobile G1 using Tapatalk

I've actually heard this one already, but thanks for posting it. We're getting close to hopefully taking down those pesky ratbirds! BTW, I've been seeing an unusually large amount of crows lately! I wonder if there's some significance to that? :D

Sent from my T-Mobile G1 using Tapatalk

i just got this one

"Our Father, Who Art in Pittsburgh, Football be Thy Game, Let Mendenhall Run, 6 Super bowls Won, On Earth, as it is in Heinz Field. Give Us this Day a Playoff Victory, and Forgive Us Our Penalties, as We Defeat Those Ravens (and anyone else in our way) Who Play Against Us. But Lead Us into a Victory, and Deliver Us to Dallas. For Thine is the D-Line, the Polamalu, and the Harrison.....A-Ben. GO STEELERS!"

Surprised the NWS so bullish for tonight thru Sunday. Local stations only mention 1-2 inches at most for weekend. KDKA says most snow will fall from 10am Sat thru 4pm Sat. WTAE says snow falls from 4pm to Sun am. They are all so different.

Tonight: A chance of snow showers, mainly after 4am. Cloudy, with a low around 19. South wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Saturday: Snow showers likely, mainly after 9am. Cloudy, with a high near 35. Southwest wind between 10 and 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Saturday Night: Snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 20. West wind between 10 and 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Well, their bullishness didn't last long. Back to little or no accumulation for tonight. (Thank God. I need a night off.) Kinda backed off on the daylight hours tomorrow, and tomorrow night, and punted for Sunday as well...

PAZ021-150915-

ALLEGHENY-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...PITTSBURGH METRO AREA

814 PM EST FRI JAN 14 2011

.TONIGHT...CLOUDY. SCATTERED FLURRIES THIS EVENING...THEN A

CHANCE OF SNOW SHOWERS AFTER MIDNIGHT. LITTLE OR NO SNOW

ACCUMULATION. LOWS AROUND 19. SOUTH WINDS 5 TO 10 MPH. CHANCE OF

SNOW 40 PERCENT.

.SATURDAY...SNOW SHOWERS LIKELY. SNOW ACCUMULATION AROUND AN

INCH. HIGHS IN THE MID 30S. SOUTHWEST WINDS 10 TO 15 MPH. CHANCE

OF SNOW 60 PERCENT.

.SATURDAY NIGHT...SNOW SHOWERS LIKELY. ADDITIONAL SNOW

ACCUMULATION 1 TO 2 INCHES. LOWS AROUND 19. WEST WINDS 10 TO

15 MPH. CHANCE OF SNOW 70 PERCENT.

.SUNDAY...CLOUDY WITH A 50 PERCENT CHANCE OF SNOW SHOWERS.

ADDITIONAL SNOW ACCUMULATION POSSIBLE. HIGHS IN THE MID 20S. WEST

WINDS AROUND 10 MPH.

On edit: Ah. I see the difference. I quoted the text product, while the post above was from the point and click product. I never understood why they can be so different...

here's Monroeville's Forecast, one day warmup, then back into the deep freeze.

Tonight: Scattered flurries before 3am, then a chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a low around 19. South wind between 5 and 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Saturday: Snow showers likely, mainly after 9am. Cloudy, with a high near 35. Southwest wind between 9 and 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Saturday Night: Snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 20. West wind between 10 and 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Sunday: A chance of snow showers, mainly before 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 26. West wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Sunday Night: A slight chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a low around 13. North wind between 5 and 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

M.L.King Day: A chance of snow showers, mainly after 3pm. Cloudy, with a high near 31. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Monday Night: A chance of rain, snow showers, and freezing rain before 7pm, then rain likely, possibly mixed with freezing rain. Cloudy, with a low around 29. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Tuesday: Showers likely. Cloudy, with a high near 40. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Tuesday Night: A chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Wednesday: A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 23. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Wednesday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 12.

Thursday: A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 26. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Thursday Night: A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Friday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 22.

Why you think that Karl?

NAM Temps looks like some ares east of Pittsburgh mostly higher elevations can see some freezing precip Tuesday morning/afternoon, I think most areas will start off snow, and then switch to rain in the early afternoon. Higher areas will have a harder time to get the heating as lowlands will.

My forecast is awesome for next 24-36 hours..

.SATURDAY...CLOUDY WITH SNOW SHOWERS LIKELY. SNOW ACCUMULATION

1 TO 2 INCHES. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 30S. SOUTHWEST WINDS 15 TO

20 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 MPH. CHANCE OF SNOW 70 PERCENT.

.SATURDAY NIGHT...SNOW SHOWERS LIKELY. ADDITIONAL SNOW

ACCUMULATION 2 TO 4 INCHES ACROSS THE CHESTNUT AND LAUREL RIDGES.

LOWS AROUND 20. WEST WINDS 10 TO 15 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 MPH.

CHANCE OF SNOW 70 PERCENT.

.SUNDAY...CLOUDY. SNOW SHOWERS LIKELY...MAINLY IN THE MORNING.

ADDITIONAL SNOW ACCUMULATION POSSIBLE. HIGHS IN THE MID 20S. WEST

WINDS 10 TO 15 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 25 MPH. CHANCE OF SNOW

70 PERCENT.

We are reaching 45" here..:thumbsup:

Probably won't beat the near 170" we got last winter, but I want to push towards it..

NICE JOB STEELERS!!!!!!!!!

well about monday and tuesdays event, i think we might have a significant icing with the way things are going, and then a quick changeover to rain then changing back to a heavy wet snow overnight

NAM kills this storm.. I think areas could see some mixing, but a "significant" icing event? I think it could be a less then 5% chance. I also don't even see much snow.

NAM kills this storm.. I think areas could see some mixing, but a "significant" icing event? I think it could be a less then 5% chance. I also don't even see much snow.

I agree, on the 00z GFS we would get some light snow to mix to rain (maybe some ice less than .10 though) then we get dry slotted. That low in the midwest / lakes is really a problem. Need it to go away or phase with the system on the coast.

No model support for that northpitt!

Some model support of me, well the NAM and GFS has freezing rain amounts in the .01 to .10 range, and the SREF Model has more for us somewhat, plus. NAM model has cold air staying over us through 12z on the forecasts

and later in the week looks like another possible storm system is coming

HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PITTSBURGH PA

826 AM EST SUN JAN 16 2011

MDZ001-OHZ039>041-048>050-057>059-068-069-PAZ007>009-013>016-020>023-

029-031-073>076-WVZ001>004-012-021>023-041-171330-

GARRETT-TUSCARAWAS-CARROLL-COLUMBIANA-COSHOCTON-HARRISON-

JEFFERSON OH-MUSKINGUM-GUERNSEY-BELMONT-NOBLE-MONROE-MERCER-VENANGO-

FOREST-LAWRENCE-BUTLER-CLARION-JEFFERSON PA-BEAVER-ALLEGHENY-

ARMSTRONG-INDIANA-WASHINGTON-GREENE-WESTMORELAND-WESTMORELAND RIDGES-

FAYETTE-FAYETTE RIDGES-HANCOCK-BROOKE-OHIO-MARSHALL-WETZEL-MARION-

MONONGALIA-PRESTON-TUCKER-

826 AM EST SUN JAN 16 2011

THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR WESTERN MARYLAND...EAST

CENTRAL OHIO...NORTHWEST PENNSYLVANIA...SOUTHWEST

PENNSYLVANIA...WEST CENTRAL PENNSYLVANIA...NORTHERN WEST VIRGINIA

AND NORTHERN PANHANDLE OF WEST VIRGINIA.

.DAY ONE...TODAY AND TONIGHT.

SNOW SHOWERS TODAY WILL YIELD SMALL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS THAT CAN MAKE

UNTREATED PAVEMENTS SLIPPERY AND HAZARDOUS.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...MONDAY THROUGH SATURDAY.

A WINTRY MIX OF PRECIPITATION IS EXPECTED MONDAY NIGHT INTO MIDDAY TUESDAY.

WINTER WEATHER ADVISORIES WILL LIKELY BE REQUIRED FOR A LIGHT

ACCUMULATION OF ICE.

.SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT...

WEATHER SPOTTERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO REPORT SIGNIFICANT WEATHER

CONDITIONS ACCORDING TO STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES.

$$

Looking at the models overall

My first call for monday night into tuesday morning will be at least 1 inch of snow then .10 to .15 of ice accumulations

post-1757-0-95307000-1295197577.png

:axe:

There is no model support anywhere for that much ice. NAM and GFS both have showed limited mositure each model run..

:axe:

There is no model support anywhere for that much ice. NAM and GFS both have showed limited mositure each model run..

Well somewhat, .01 to .10 inches of ice is likely, that is going to get a WWA for Freezing Rain, and out in the mountains areas of cold pockets will likely allow freezing rain possibly for a decent area

just way things are going right now at this moment, temps tonight is going to be 6 degrees, temps might be colder than foretasted, so a more prolonged situation is possible , the key word is possible

Looks like it could be really cold this weekend.....for the AFC championship game!

I'm trying not to "Root" for the Jets because you got be careful what you ask for - but I have to like our chances better at home with that matchup.

I guess I was the only person wanting the Steelers to play NE. Jets to me is a worst matchup, they remind me of us in 05-06 as a 6 seed.. They have the Defense and ST to create havoc for us as they did in our first matchup. Miller and Polamalu will help, but hope Brad Smith sits another week.

Nam gives us almost nothing as far as ice. Almost zero qpf through the critical period of tomorrow night.

GFS seems to agree, only 0.01 qpf and not even all of that is likely ice. Could cause slick spots on untreated surfaces though but may not even qualify for advisory criteria. GFS does still show some decent snow chance ~.25 over 24 hours from panel 54 on.

GFS seems to agree, only 0.01 qpf and not even all of that is likely ice. Could cause slick spots on untreated surfaces though but may not even qualify for advisory criteria. GFS does still show some decent snow chance ~.25 over 24 hours from panel 54 on.

,25 over 24 hours isn't much at all.. I am not at all excited about this event. Especially with the huge miss this weekend. I was forecasted for 1-2" Saturday and 2-4" Saturday night and got zero, zilch, nothing. Add the miss on the highs Saturday. 32 forecasted and 37 was actual.

If we get up to 40 and the moisture stays limited, I won't complain. Good time to get salt off the vehicles,

,25 over 24 hours isn't much at all.. I am not at all excited about this event. Especially with the huge miss this weekend. I was forecasted for 1-2" Saturday and 2-4" Saturday night and got zero, zilch, nothing. Add the miss on the highs Saturday. 32 forecasted and 37 was actual.

If we get up to 40 and the moisture stays limited, I won't complain. Good time to get salt off the vehicles,

I agree its nothing to get excited about but if correct would probably be another 1-3 snowfall. I also got nothing over the weekend, but I was not surprised, as we got closer to the event the models really started to dry up so I'm not sure why the forecasts for so much snow ere made.

Looks like a small overrunning event for Thursday night into Friday too. Again, nothing major per the 00z GFS but possibly another couple inches. Something to keep an eye on, maybe it can get better.

These little nickel and dime events are getting a bit tiring, I want a 6 inch storm in 12 hours or something but I guess at least we are getting snow.

Archived