12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Pittsburgh, PA Thread

meatwad

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Main roads out here were just wet.. I love people who continue to take back roads in this weather and complain about road crews, while main roads are good.

I have a relative who belongs to Nemacolin resort, and he sayed that the roads are kept up in that area very well.

And lucky for you, the area where you live, there aren't many roads to cover.

Roads were bad this morning.

Skating rink this AM in the driveway, I have some mounianteering spikes I can attach to my boots, work great, can walk on even the slickest ice. Broke out the 20 buck a bag Driveway Heat this AM, been sitting on that baby for a year now.

Friday storm...meh, NAM giveth, NAM taketh away, much drier this AM. NAM has us at .5-.75 QPFand GFS is even less generous more like .25-.50. So fanatsies of 6-10" maybe out the window by tommorrow, unless the models are back onto something.

I have a relative who belongs to Nemacolin resort, and he sayed that the roads are kept up in that area very well.

And lucky for you, the area where you live, there aren't many roads to cover.

Yeah, roads out here are ok.. I drove into Pittsburgh and didn't encounter one bit of ice on main roads. Of course the berm had ice on it, but overall crews did a great job on what could have been a mess.

Yeah, I figured this far out we would lose some QPF, Still looks to be a 2-4" with more East and North.

Not as beefy as yesterday, but things could change. I would say more a 2-4" non event right now, the trend the last two models runs has been drier.

Looks like it just doesn't come together as quickly as the 00z did. Today's 12z looks a bit better than the 6z NAM though still nothing close to the .5 the 00z NAM gave us in 12 hours.;l

yeah tonight, there might be some icing and snow in many places, it could be a suprise little event

and then to the storm on Thursday and Friday, my call at this moment for Pittsburgh is a 6-12 inch snow, the models with this reminds me a little bit of the storm from Feb 5th and 6th of last year

please enlighten us with the models that you believe support a call of 6-12.

yeah tonight, there might be some icing and snow in many places, it could be a suprise little event

and then to the storm on Thursday and Friday, my call at this moment for Pittsburgh is a 6-12 inch snow, the models with this reminds me a little bit of the storm from Feb 5th and 6th of last year

6-12", wanna bet on that one chief. Even ultra weenie Henry M on Accuweather said 2-4" for the OV. With the jet screaming like it is, this baby will be in and out of here faster than the roadrunner.

please enlighten us with the models that you believe support a call of 6-12.

NAM gives us between .50 and .75 of precip + temps of 15 to 20 F during most of the the storm + snow ratios of 20 to 1, or even higher that would = about 7 to 14 inches of snow or so , and that's by the 18z NAM

Winter Storm Watch will being going up pretty soon, watches are going up west of us, and the HWO all over Eastern Ohio and Pennsylvania

NAM gives us between .50 and .75 of precip + temps of 15 to 20 F during most of the the storm + snow ratios of 20 to 1, or even higher that would = about 7 to 14 inches of snow or so , and that's by the 18z NAM

Winter Storm Watch will being going up pretty soon, watches are going up west of us, and the HWO all over Eastern Ohio and Pennsylvania

You had better advise NWS HPC pronto!

http://www.hpc.ncep.noaa.gov/wwd/winter_wx.shtml

Since I spent some of the best years of my life living in Mt. Washington and Dormont, I figured I would share these two links with my fellow Burghers:

http://www.wxcaster....models_text.htm

http://www.meteor.iastate.edu/~ckarsten/bufkit/data/cobb_nam/nam_kpit.dat

Very handy.

And go Stillers.

According to that, we get 7.4 inches.

Archived