amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Pittsburgh, PA Thread

meatwad

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol...love how we go from south to slop in two runs.

I haven't seen the final QPF or snow accumulation, but as depicted that looks all snow and still going at 84 hours.

I don't want to get too fired up about NAM at 84 hours, but I bet this translates to a foot + as modeled if extrapolated beyond 84

Someone mentioned Feb 4 1995 as an analog. For some reason I remember that storm...I think we got about 6". I think I remember it because that was a slow winter sandwiched in between the great winters in the early to mid 90's

http://www.meteo.psu.edu/~gadomski/NARR/1995/us0204.php

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGENATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PITTSBURGH PA1210 AM EST TUE JAN 18 2011OHZ040-041-PAZ007>009-013>016-020>023-073-181300-/O.EXB.KPBZ.WW.Y.0004.000000T0000Z-110118T1300Z/CARROLL-COLUMBIANA-MERCER-VENANGO-FOREST-LAWRENCE-BUTLER-CLARION-JEFFERSON PA-BEAVER-ALLEGHENY-ARMSTRONG-INDIANA-WESTMORELAND-INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...CARROLLTON...EAST LIVERPOOL...SALEM...COLUMBIANA...EAST PALESTINE...WELLSVILLE...CALCUTTA...SHARON...HERMITAGE...GROVE CITY...GREENVILLE...FARRELL...OIL CITY...FRANKLIN...SUGARCREEK...TIONESTA...NEW CASTLE...ELLWOOD CITY...BUTLER...ZELIENOPLE...CLARION...PUNXSUTAWNEY...BROOKVILLE...REYNOLDSVILLE...BROCKWAY...ALIQUIPPA...BEAVER FALLS...AMBRIDGE...MONACA...BEAVER...PITTSBURGH METRO AREA...KITTANNING...FORD CITY...LEECHBURG...FREEPORT...APOLLO...INDIANA...GREENSBURG...NEW KENSINGTON...JEANNETTE...LATROBE...MONESSEN1210 AM EST TUE JAN 18 2011...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 AM EST THISMORNING...THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN PITTSBURGH HAS ISSUED A WINTERWEATHER ADVISORY FOR FREEZING RAIN MIXED WITH SLEET WHICH IS INEFFECT UNTIL 8 AM EST THIS MORNING.* ACCUMULATION: ICE ACCUMULATIONS FROM A COATING TO LESS THAN ONE TENTH INCH...WITH MINOR SLEET ACCUMULATION POSSIBLE.* TIMING: TONIGHT THROUGH 8 AM TUESDAY.* IMPACTS: UNTREATED SURFACES WILL LIKELY BECOME SLIPPERY WITH ACCUMULATIONS OF ICE OVERNIGHT EARLY INTO TUESDAY MORNING.* TEMPERATURES: MID 20S TO LOWER 30S AND RISING ABOVE FREEZING EARLY MORNING TUESDAY.PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW...SLEET...ORFREEZING RAIN WILL CAUSE TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FORSLIPPERY ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES...AND USE CAUTION WHILEDRIVING. REPORT YOUR SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS TO THE NATIONALWEATHER SERVICE BY CALLING TOLL FREE...1-877-633-6772.&&$$

I'll vouch that over here in West End, the sidewalks at least are an absolute disaster. Just took a dive down my front steps while taking out the garbage for pickup tomorrow. I'm going to feel this for a while.

Archived