• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Upcoming Storm Threats

burgertime

I thought this was neat, but when I was looking at the Long-Range forecasts in the Farmers Almanac for January, they had a Major East coast storm, for the dates of January 20-23. Since then they haven't changed it. Looks like the Farmers Almanac could hit this one on the head.

I have also been looking at some less popular models for about the past 30 minutes. Looks like the Euro isn't the only one wanting to bring in a major east coast winter storm. :popcorn:

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The theory about the volcanoes was what I thought as many on this board did in the fall, that the volcanoes were the wild card. I know the NAO, AO, La Nina , all have a big part in the grand scheme for things but, you have to admit

there is now proof that volcanoes have a bigger effect than most of us thought. Only thing is now someone who can possibly find the data, and find a correlation with volcanos and time of year, frequency, and location, and it's

effects on our winters. Just my rambling thoughts. Now bring on the next storm,after all we need to make up for lost years to get back to a constant average!

The theory about the volcanoes was what I thought as many on this board did in the fall, that the volcanoes were the wild card. I know the NAO, AO, La Nina , all have a big part in the grand scheme for things but, you have to admit

there is now proof that volcanoes have a bigger effect than most of us thought. Only thing is now someone who can possibly find the data, and find a correlation with volcanos and time of year, frequency, and location, and it's

effects on our winters. Just my rambling thoughts. Now bring on the next storm,after all we need to make up for lost years to get back to a constant average!

just emailed you

I have backtracked through the thread. The Euro looks wild. Looks like Part III in what has already been an amazing winter is about a week away. KTRI is around 13.1 inches of snow for the year. What's crazy is it has been w/ mostly small events. We only need two more inches to go normal - I think. W/ the pattern on the Euro, this could be the second straight winter that we go normal for snow. Well, it has geen a busy night. Been installing a new wireless router. Done. Since we are talking b-days. I was born in '70. How do you all think the MJO will play into the upcoming pattern? That seems to have been missing during the first few events.

the 00z GFS has maybe a 1 to 2 inch snowfall Monday in AVL to Boone but otherwise a cold rain for most. It also has no southwest low late next week, but does have -18 air into NC which would be our coldest yet. Later in the run it has another Winter type storm, so obviously the Winter pattern is here , or coming, irregardless of it not matching Euro at this time. We'll see if the Euro has the SW system this run.

the 00z GFS has maybe a 1 to 2 inch snowfall Monday in AVL to Boone but otherwise a cold rain for most. It also has no southwest low late next week, but does have -18 air into NC which would be our coldest yet. Later in the run it has another Winter type storm, so obviously the Winter pattern is here , or coming, irregardless of it not matching Euro at this time. We'll see if the Euro has the SW system this run.

Beat me to it haha but yeah. I for one know that it will start becoming more interesting if the Euro shows a similar solution in regard with our shortwave for this run and the next 12z. Hopefully it doesn't keep showing ice as the possible event, and I'm aware that no one should focus on specifics at this point. Just keeping my eye out is all. :)

Beat me to it haha but yeah. I for one know that it will start becoming more interesting if the Euro shows a similar solution in regard with our shortwave for this run and the next 12z. Hopefully it doesn't keep showing ice as the possible event, and I'm aware that no one should focus on specifics at this point. Just keeping my eye out is all. :)

I am sure many have already noticed this, but the Euro is doing a much better job at getting the pattern right this winter. It seems that at 4-7 days out, it has been amazingly close to verifying. I am not going to worry about the ice storm set-up just yet, but if it shows a similar solution in a few days, I will begin to prepare. This has been a wild ride so far and it is not over with by any means.

The MLK event looks to be light rain for most, but I don't believe we have seen the final solution yet. I believe the Euro will be interesting tonight. One thing I have noticed in this winter, anything is possible.

I will certainly be interested in the Euro, because the GFS and GGEM are so vastly different than the 12Z run- the closed low the Euro developed in the SW is nowhere to be found on the other models- this will really be a test for the Euro since the it is really an outlier right now. Will it flip or stick?

I will certainly be interested in the Euro, because the GFS and GGEM are so vastly different than the 12Z run- the closed low the Euro developed in the SW is nowhere to be found on the other models- this will really be a test for the Euro since the it is really an outlier right now. Will it flip or stick?

You got the PBP?

TW

Archived