Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
NYC/PHL Potential Jan 11-14 Event Discussion

Rib

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For a good idea how precarious the setup is, here are the top analogues from CIPS off ot the 01/06/11 12z GFS

http://www.eas.slu.e...fhr=120&flg=new

The first three dates are complete duds for this area. Near hits that looked great ahead of time and never produced.

The fourth and fifth dates need no introduction.

It only takes a tweak here or there at 500mb to be feast or famine with this storm, so no one should get too high or low right now.

Excellent assessment.

For a good idea how precarious the setup is, here are the top analogues from CIPS off ot the 01/06/11 12z GFS

http://www.eas.slu.e...fhr=120&flg=new

The first three dates are complete duds for this area. Near hits that looked great ahead of time and never produced.

The fourth and fifth dates need no introduction.

It only takes a tweak here or there at 500mb to be feast or famine with this storm, so no one should get too high or low right now.

Great post. Some good analogs on the table. Nobody can deny the potential right now given the upper air pattern. Agree on your point regarding the emotions, too. Still lots of time with this one.

since we are split up with just phl area, is that alright for you guys for a euro snowfall map with coverage?

google1.jpg

Does this new separated thread mean no more Tombo and Earthlight play by play and color analysis? You guys were like Merrill Reese and Mike Quick.

Come down and visit, George ... we're the new snow capital of the Northeast!

Hey Dan!

I'll take my LES scraps and not have to deal with striking plow drivers!!! ;):arrowhead:

I concur with the thoughts about how tedious the pattern is for next week's storm....with such a flat height field to the NW of this system, variations in any deepening/phasing of the h500 features and above will create a larger than normal spread in the solutions.

Actually it is more for snow it keeps the snow from binding to the roadway(compacting). We dont do it as much out here in my zone anymore just select roadways

Huh. No kidding. You learn something new everyday. I assumed once something was already frozen, it wouldn't make much of a difference, but, yeah, that makes sense since the layer right on the surface melts.

Huh. No kidding. You learn something new everyday. I assumed once something was already frozen, it wouldn't make much of a difference, but, yeah, that makes sense since the layer right on the surface melts.

Yeah its best when its applied at least 24 hrs before the snow starts so traffic can work it in the road surface. Great job on here guys I really enjoy the insight Ill try to give obs later when Im in the truck

Yeah its best when its applied at least 24 hrs before the snow starts so traffic can work it in the road surface. Great job on here guys I really enjoy the insight Ill try to give obs later when Im in the truck

Good luck tomorrow! Most of my commute tomorrow will be handled by local NJ townships and the NJDOT, Easton, PA to Mt. Arlington, NJ. Should be ok. Just cannot stand the folks who like to ride your tail when it is snowing hard and the roads are snow covered.

MAp looks good the way it is, centered around philly. Even if it extends up to NYC, you can see the extend and shape of the precip field. NYC can have their map centered over NYC, or however the person posting wants to do it.

MAp looks good the way it is, centered around philly. Even if it extends up to NYC, you can see the extend and shape of the precip field. NYC can have their map centered over NYC, or however the person posting wants to do it.

bri, you gotta be the mike quick now, since john is in the nyc thread. Plus starting feb 1st i wont be doing the 12z euro on weekdays, work calls again...ill do the night shift, but your gonna have to hold down the fort.

bri, you gotta be the mike quick now, since john is in the nyc thread. Plus starting feb 1st i wont be doing the 12z euro on weekdays, work calls again...ill do the night shift, but your gonna have to hold down the fort.

As long as i;m not howard eskin :thumbsup:

I'll be around for the GFS and EURO pbp.. off for the next 7 days!

Archived