• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
NYC/PHL Potential Jan 11-14 Event Discussion

Rib

I have to agree. I too, think it will trend closer to the coast. Tomorrows runs should show some kind of consensus.

I don't think it will come any closer, what could happen is the primary is a bit more dominant as the NAM seems to be indicating, but as I said the NAM is far from its superior range yet....the setup over the NW Atlantic while not ideal is probably good enough to ensure this does not track much inside 40/70 overall.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it will come any closer, what could happen is the primary is a bit more dominant as the NAM seems to be indicating, but as I said the NAM is far from its superior range yet....the setup over the NW Atlantic while not ideal is probably good enough to ensure this does not track much inside 40/70 overall.

Yeah, Id think a track over Block Island is probably the closest it could get. Upton seems to be eyeing the idea of a "very significant" snowstorm.

I think a track close to 40/70 is best for now also, since the Euro and GFS ensembles have stuck firmly there for multiple runs, and the only model showing it much further west is the NAM. It's still a concern of mine though personally especially if what's left of the blocking clears up a little faster.

I definitely wouldn't trust the NAM either at this range.

Archived