12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
PHL 1/7-1/8 Regional Discussion and Obs

Rib

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had some good snows a half hour ago and it then became sunny and I thought that was it. But the snow just drastically picked up, with the roads becoming snow covered in 3-5 minutes. Not seeing any representation of this on radar.

-Coatesville, Chester County

--------------------------------------

And it's right back to light snow/flurries with the sun peaking through.

Looks like the snow is done here. 0.9" total.

I am going to challenge that measurement. I received 0.7" in Macungie. You stole my extra two flakes. The dust buster worked just fine on the porch this morning. The salt measured more on the road surface than the snow. Cannot wait util Tuesday when I might have to measure with the yard stick instead of the micrometer. By the way the storm was an under performer for the Lehigh Valley

I am going to challenge that measurement. I received 0.7" in Macungie. You stole my extra two flakes. The dust buster worked just fine on the porch this morning. The salt measured more on the road surface than the snow. Cannot wait util Tuesday when I might have to measure with the yard stick instead of the micrometer. By the way the storm was an under performer for the Lehigh Valley

Someone with a buzz hair cut has more coverage then your snow, lol, j/king. but yeah hopefully we all will get in on this next one and burry us good.

Beautiful light snow here in Holmdel, running close to half inch id say...

Just drove home from Atlantic City though and it took 3 hours! It was coming down very heavily and accumulating fast...they had about 4" there around noon when I was leaving, roads inclouding the parkway were terrible. Stopped at the Sonic :wub: in Stafford around 130-2PM and they also had around 4" with it coming down good..Nice little storm for them, dissapointed when we got up here of course but I can't complain

It has been snowing lightly in Toms River since 8am - the past hour it has picked up to a more moderate snow - hardest it has snowed all day actually - unofficial a bit over 2" on the ground, looks like a few more hours of snow and might be able to squeeze out another inch+ - which would bring us to the 3 - 5" snow that was predicted. Nice to look at and easy to remove - don't think I will be saying the same thing come Tues/Wed though....

A mini flizzard with some pretty big flakes blew through here between 2 and 3 and looks like it laid down about 0.1". Some lazy flurries just started up again and it looks like there's another band pivoting around, although I don't know how much of that will get up here in NW Philly...

Winds were out of the W and light

Temp had gone down to about 27.5 F during the flizzard and is now back up to 28.9 F.

Visibility is about 5 miles

Total so far = 1.35"

Beautiful light snow here in Holmdel, running close to half inch id say...

Just drove home from Atlantic City though and it took 3 hours! It was coming down very heavily and accumulating fast...they had about 4" there around noon when I was leaving, roads inclouding the parkway were terrible. Stopped at the Sonic :wub: in Stafford around 130-2PM and they also had around 4" with it coming down good..Nice little storm for them, dissapointed when we got up here of course but I can't complain

We decided to forego a trip down to AC to see friends, based on earlier reports - your story confirmed we made the right decision, thanks....

0.5" total here. Not surprised given model QPF for the area on last nights runs. Was surprised to see the WWA for 2-4" extended into my area this morning though, which gave me false hope. :rolleyes: At least the ground is white and that is all that matters.

Archived