• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Rolling E PA/NJ/DE/NE MD/Elko, NV/Big Jim: Not During Storm OBS Discussion/Banter Thread

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent point, Mike. I guess I was mostly just wondering how likely a Tornado Watch might be, especially with the SPC showing a 5% chance so close to Philly.

It is possible, especially given SPC's wording in the updated day 1 outlook and their probs. Also, the rather sharp clearing line now moving east across portions of Maryland and Virginia.

oh cool. I always get confused when I hear "the WRF". What actually is "the WRF"? Is it just a hi-res version of the NAM (similar to the NMM)?

I mean everyone and their cousin has a backyard WRF these days...

Sorry. I think that's the 18Z NAM. (Forky likes to IM me with random links ;) )

Same @ PHL. Still was the coldest met winter since '03-'04.

It's funny how 09-10 and 10-11 was a repeat of 02-03 and 03-04. Is there any data that supports that a Nina after a Nino is a good winter, or just coincidence?

Now that I think about it, 92-93 and 93-94 are also a similar pair...

oh and 77-78 and 78-79

It's funny how 09-10 and 10-11 was a repeat of 02-03 and 03-04. Is there any data that supports that a Nina after a Nino is a good winter, or just coincidence?

Now that I think about it, 92-93 and 93-94 are also a similar pair...

oh and 77-78 and 78-79

03-04 wasn't exactly a good winter in Philly. Slightly below normal snowfall with only 18". It was pretty good in NYC, though, with 42.6". In between (and closest to you), my parents near TTN had 27.3", slightly above normal. For you it was essentially a "normal" winter.

Archived