• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Rolling E PA/NJ/DE/NE MD/Elko, NV/Big Jim: Not During Storm OBS Discussion/Banter Thread

03-04 wasn't exactly a good winter in Philly. Slightly below normal snowfall with only 18". It was pretty good in NYC, though, with 42.6". In between (and closest to you), my parents near TTN had 27.3", slightly above normal. For you it was essentially a "normal" winter.

I remember 12/03 being pretty good down here. I looked it up though, and I was thinking January 05 was in 04 which is why I thought it was such a good winter.

Oh well, thanks for the info at least.

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ITs time that we start threads with chances of severe weather rather than snowstorms. Personally, I would rather see a good t- storm with a squall line than all of these frickin wish casts for snow. Cutoff this and cutoff that- with a squall line most of us get some good weather obs. Its time for the change-- winter is over- unless the fat lady sings

ITs time that we start threads with chances of severe weather rather than snowstorms. Personally, I would rather see a good t- storm with a squall line than all of these frickin wish casts for snow. Cutoff this and cutoff that- with a squall line most of us get some good weather obs. Its time for the change-- winter is over- unless the fat lady sings

It's still too early for thunderstorms when it comes to climatology...this is one of my least favorite meteorological points of the year. Getting too late for snow, but still too early for severe threats.

Of course, for me, there are other things to like about March -- My birthday, NCAA BB tournament, start of Spring, longer days...

It's still too early for thunderstorms when it comes to climatology...this is one of my least favorite meteorological points of the year. Getting too late for snow, but still too early for severe threats.

Of course, for me, there are other things to like about March -- My birthday, NCAA BB tournament, start of Spring, longer days...

March is volatile...I love that about the weather at this time of the year...can be 80 one day, snowing 48 hrs later.

The only thing I hate though is pesky backdoor fronts that bring in the marine layer...:axe: :axe: :axe:

March 16, 2007 FTW

That was heck of a sleet event in the Philly area...obviously more of a snow event up your way.

There was a front in March of either 2004 or 2005 (can't remember which year) - I believe on the 9th of the month - which dropped temps very rapidly and we had snow with temps in the low 20's during the late morning and early afternoon (2 to 3 inches of snow). The previous day was in the low 70's.

EDIT: It was March 8, 2005

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airportfrompws/KPTW/2005/3/8/DailyHistory.html?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

That was heck of a sleet event in the Philly area...obviously more of a snow event up your way.

There was a front in March of either 2004 or 2005 (can't remember which year) - I believe on the 9th of the month - which dropped temps very rapidly and we had snow with temps in the low 20's during the late morning and early afternoon (2 to 3 inches of snow). The previous day was in the low 70's.

http://www.wundergro...eq_statename=NA

Just the 60s the prior day, not 70s...

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airportfrompws/KPTW/2005/3/7/DailyHistory.html?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

http://www.wundergro...eq_statename=NA

I remember how cold it was going home from work while it was like 50's or so going into work that morning. Arctic blast FTW.

I love it! But, mornings with be a little rougher the next month or so waking up.

As someone who wakes up around 5:45 AM every weekday, I appreciate the sun rising earlier. And just as the sunrise time starts to get to the point where I have daylight shortly after waking up, the clock goes forward an hour. I really liked it better when daylight savings started the first weekend of April. To me, there is no point of having the extra hour of light in the evening until April anyway...when it is warmer and when yardwork can actually be done (i.e. cutting grass, planting flowers, etc.).

As someone who wakes up around 5:45 AM every weekday, I appreciate the sun rising earlier. And just as the sunrise time starts to get to the point where I have daylight shortly after waking up, the clock goes forward an hour. I really liked it better when daylight savings started the first weekend of April. To me, there is no point of having the extra hour of light in the evening until April anyway...when it is warmer and when yardwork can actually be done (i.e. cutting grass, planting flowers, etc.).

True, good points there.

Archived