• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12z ECMWF shows wintry potential

Yes, and it shows a raging blizzard for NC and SC with a 976 mb low near the NC shore at 210 hrs, and deepens it to a central pressure of 952 mbs. about 400 miles off the coast of NJ. Now, imagine if this really hugs the coast instead? The beaches would be destroyed, and we would have a storm with more problems than the last one.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if this continues to show up as a threat, i will abide by the following:

• Until 96 hours out, invest a max of 10 minutes of review time each day for the 0z and 12z global model runs, and a scan of the hpc diagnostics
  • 96-48 hours out, allow 30 minutes per day to review the model runs and related discussion threads
  • Inside 48 hours, butt in seat and eyes glued to screen. Showering and general hygiene will need to wait.

• Until 96 hours out, invest a max of 10 minutes of review time each day for the 0z and 12z global model runs, and a scan of the hpc diagnostics
  • 96-48 hours out, allow 30 minutes per day to review the model runs and related discussion threads
  • Inside 48 hours, butt in seat and eyes glued to screen. Showering and general hygiene will need to wait.

I laughed out loud.

:lmao::lol:

WOW, that is some kind of storm, correct me if i'm wrong, but didnt the ECM almost nail the last one in this timeframe, and showed it consistantly for at least 5 consecutive runs before changing up and coming right back to the same general idea?

:lmao::lol:

WOW, that is some kind of storm, correct me if i'm wrong, but didnt the ECM almost nail the last one in this timeframe, and showed it consistantly for at least 5 consecutive runs before changing up and coming right back to the same general idea?

I believe so. It showed an east coast storm for 5 straight runs in the medium range and then lost it The 0z Christmas morning run picked it back up. After that run I was sold on the big storm idea.

fact that last night's Euro is showing a monster 8-9 days away should be a red flag, especially since we've already had a monster crawl up the coast

this one looks to have a better chance of hitting those areas that missed the last one too

The euro spotted the last storm at the same range. We are also in a pattern of plains storms then coastal storms about 6-10 days later. So given the pattern and that the Euro spotted the East Coast storm threat 8-10 days out last time, we should take this seriously, IMHO. Obviously all of the details with this thing won't be worked out until inside 48 hours, but it's probably safe to say a storm is most likely coming to the coast in the 8-10 day timeframe. South or North, weak or strong will be the question as it evolves.

This winter really isn't locking into the great lake runner type of pattern most were expecting.

Splitting of energy off the pacific coast 36-60 hrs is critical. Euro takes a piece into Washington instead of dropping it south off the California coast like other models. Huge difference inside 72hrs.

But comon sense tells you, a splitting S/W causes more problems for models than a phasing one

Archived