joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The New England Snowdrift Thread

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a pretty cool map. The BOX number should be a "1" and not a 2 but is shows perfectly the heavier finger of snow that shoots off towards me E from BOX.

http://www.boston.co.../?p1=News_links

interesting kinda show's how W bristol county ( south raynham and SE taunton) and W plymouth county got F'd from 12am-5am)

i thought my friend in bridgewater/ by raynahm line didn't change over......hmmm maybe he did after midnite.....is it wrong that this would actually tick me off right now? can't they hold a F'n coastal front for christ's sake. then my old house in N. raynham a mile or so west seemed to have scored over a foot closer to 14 when i drove by so i wish i could get data on wether the R/S line did in bristol plymouth county's between 8pm and 4 am sunday weehours.

interesting kinda show's how W bristol county ( south raynham and SE taunton) and W plymouth county got F'd from 12am-5am)

i thought my friend in bridgewater/ by raynahm line didn't change over......hmmm maybe he did after midnite.....is it wrong that this would actually tick me off right now? can't they hold a F'n coastal front for christ's sake. then my old house in N. raynham a mile or so west seemed to have scored over a foot closer to 14 when i drove by so i wish i could get data on wether the R/S line did in bristol plymouth county's between 8pm and 4 am sunday weehours.

If you look at the strict ASOS reports, KTAN never changed over. I am sure there was -RA in there but it was likely not much, maybe 20-30min. There was a couple hours of what I thought was sleet strictly based on the sound of it but from what Dendrite was saying, it was likely heavily rimed snow. If I had to guess I was right along the CF but never on one side or the other for very long.

Steve, those are crazy! Nothing like that around here that I saw. Very mundane for the most part.

How did the loader get those huge piles from 6"?

Did your tower record any good winds?

Been off from work IDK. This pic is from Stratus Facebook page she was in NJ, love it. The loader was plowing a driveway, if you look at the front you can see the drift easy eight , I wish I was there 1 hour earlier. All pics in Sterling CT about a mile from me.

42d4d0aa-308d-f571.jpg

Been off from work IDK. This pic is from Stratus Facebook page she was in NJ, love it. The loader was plowing a driveway, if you look at the front you can see the drift easy eight , I wish I was there 1 hour earlier. All pics in Sterling CT about a mile from me.

42d4d0aa-308d-f571.jpg

That is a beauty... looks like a wave frozen in mid-crash...

Or frosting on a gingerbread house. Been a while since I had anything close to that. Did she take it?

That is a beauty... looks like a wave frozen in mid-crash...

Or frosting on a gingerbread house. Been a while since I had anything close to that. Did she take it?

Yes,

There were some drifts in Sterling that were easy ten feet. Acres and acres of fields empty of snow piled in areas.amazing scenes for six inches of snow.

what spots stand out to you.

the Boston globe had a nice accums map on the "local" section i believe. looked more accurate.

Winchester did not get 24.5".....Taunton did not get 27"....'cmon....BS.

I also suspect Peabody and E Boston maybe a tad high, but not as blatant as the others.

Not sure why BOX posts ridiculous numbers like that....if someone called me with numbers like that, I'd salute them and then hang up the phone.

I also suspect Peabody and E Boston maybe a tad high, but not as blatant as the others.

Not sure why BOX posts ridiculous numbers like that....if someone called me with numbers like that, I'd salute them and then hang up the phone.

I wonder if that is seasonal totals? Those are really off. Probably 9 inches or so for Taunton?

yes, being in Winchester, I can testify there is NO way we got that much! I wish. Maybe the next storm??? :)

That's not totals from BOX...its the NOHRSC snow depth map...we've posted it many times before. It can often over estimate snow depth directly after a storm, but usually gets better a few days later.

I also suspec Peabody and E Boston maybe a tad high, but not as bltatant as the others.

agree

however this is snow depth and at my friends in bridgewater (5 miles from KTAN) they did have 3 plus inches on saturday prior to storm.

so i think winchester is about 8 high taunton 7 high and so on

I wonder if that is seasonal totals? Those are really off. Probably 9 inches or so for Taunton?

dave just wonderin why you say that

did you see the PNS nws official measured 17.3 inches. and it was not the fluff we had ....it was wet! plus they had three on the ground prior. so prolly near 17 or so with settling.

Archived