• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December 26-27, 2010 Radar/Satellite Images Thread

earthlight

This actually might be one of my favorite loops of the storm..the phase as it was happening. Really sick to see the strength shortwave in the plains diving due south down the ridge axis and the strength of the shortwave over the Gulf states.

watervapor330amdec25.gif

I remember when the models started to pick up on the strength of the shortwave over the plains, that is when everything started to trend in a beautiful direction, what an awesome image. LOVED THIS STORM!

So all the towns surrounding plainfield had well over 20" and most had at least 24" yet somehow the spotter reported 18? I measured 19 late on the 26th while it was still snowing and I know we had at least 2 or 3 more inches on top of that, however when I measured in the late morning it was down to 18". I've noticed plainfield almost always gets reported several inches lower than surrounding communities so i'm not sure what's going on. I plan to take the spotter training this spring to hopefully rectify this :)

Plotted the NWS PHI and OKX public information statements and the CoCoRaHS reports... here's what I came up with for NJ (I'll contour this later... well maybe tomorrow) ;)

So all the towns surrounding plainfield had well over 20" and most had at least 24" yet somehow the spotter reported 18? I measured 19 late on the 26th while it was still snowing and I know we had at least 2 or 3 more inches on top of that, however when I measured in the late morning it was down to 18". I've noticed plainfield almost always gets reported several inches lower than surrounding communities so i'm not sure what's going on. I plan to take the spotter training this spring to hopefully rectify this :)

yeah i think u were over 20" pretty easily....

Archived