• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
New York City, Northern NJ, Long Island, Southeast NY, Connecticut OBS

earthlight

If city residents were more vocal perhaps this disgrace of a mayor wouldn't have been able to successfully bend the rules to increase term limits for his administration only. He has been a fraud for a long time and it shouldn't have taken an epic snowstorm to shed some light on it.

No public official should be allowed to increase his own term limit. That is wrong on so many levels lol.

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at the disaster on the city streets today, makes me feel you gotta give John Lindsay some slack for 1969..that storm was unexpected..the forecast was for Rain..or snow changing to Rain..In this storm it was expected to hit 36 to 48 hrs before..the city was not prepared

How come no one talks about Jan 1978 though? That one was unexpected and had the same heavy snow + high winds combo.

Ditto for PD1.

Complete disaster out on roads. Never seen roads like this. Not even in 1996.

NYC department of sanitation had layoffs and funds cut and they say and cant handle the plowing.

WOW.

Every side street from Astoria to Bayside looks like this. Completely impassable.

2zf93k7.jpg

2iqei68.jpg

Ok which storm did they forget to plow Queens out from?

This is reminding me of that story from my parents.

Complete disaster out on roads. Never seen roads like this. Not even in 1996.

NYC department of sanitation had layoffs and funds cut and they say and cant handle the plowing.

WOW.

Every side street from Astoria to Bayside looks like this. Completely impassable.

2zf93k7.jpg

2iqei68.jpg

In reality, the people of NYC approved of the tax cuts which reduced the funds to the sanitation dept which resulted in layoffs. So shouldn't we be blaming ourselves for the street not being clear?

In reality, the people of NYC approved of the tax cuts which reduced the funds to the sanitation dept which resulted in layoffs. So shouldn't we be blaming ourselves for the street not being clear?

No!!!! There is TONS of wasteful spending going on, taxes should be able to be cut without necessities being impacted. And nobody really approved of anything...we don't get to vote on a damn thing. We vote for the liars that vote for us on important issues, and nobody is truly held accountable. A city with 8 million people in a relatively small geographic area should NEVER be scrambling to find money to keep streets clear after a winter storm.

Bloomberg just said we've been lucky the last half dozen years that we don't get the big storms we used to get. He grew up in Boston where he used to get 3 foot storms all the time. Global warming has prevented big storms over the last half a dozen years.

WTF IS HE TALKING ABOUT!!!!!?????

Bloomberg just said we've been lucky the last half dozen years that we don't get the big storms we used to get. He grew up in Boston where he used to get 3 foot storms all the time. Global warming has prevented big storms over the last half a dozen years.

What a clown

THats why he hasnt cleared the streets....what snow rolleyes.gif

Wow. What a piece of work.

Boston was nowhere near as snowy as he thought it was, and to blame global warming for this instead of himself and his crews proves what a clown he is.

Look on the bright side: this definitely hurt his Presidential run chances. :axe:

The horrible cleanup job does seem to stretch outside of just NYC though. It's been atrocious here on Long Island and also on the Jersey Shore.

Its a good thing he said he isnt running for another term-- as if he would ever be elected again lol.

Half a dozen years eh? Did he wake up from a coma that lasted all throughout the last decade? On second thought, that would actually explain a few things.....

Just noticed that while the streets haven't been plowed the city did clear the bike path on Ocean Parkway in Brooklyn. With Bloomberg's infatuation with bike paths it doesn't surprise me

Yup, they just did an expose on Ch 11 talking about how the NYC roads are rubbish but new bike paths are always being made and they seem to be in such good shape compared to the roads.

They were saying EMS was actually ignoring emergency calls :(

I heard there were 15 reports of snow blowing accidents. One guy reportedly severed three of his fingers. It goes without saying to turn it off before trying to clean the blades, but can you imagine being in that situation, and being ignored by 911?

If you get to an emergency room in time, they can re-attach it. But I wonder how many people couldn't make it there in time.

No!!!! There is TONS of wasteful spending going on, taxes should be able to be cut without necessities being impacted. And nobody really approved of anything...we don't get to vote on a damn thing. We vote for the liars that vote for us on important issues, and nobody is truly held accountable. A city with 8 million people in a relatively small geographic area should NEVER be scrambling to find money to keep streets clear after a winter storm.

When was the last time you went to a town hall meeting? Things like this (where the tax cuts should impact) are talked about all the time in my town, so I don't see why it wouldn't the case in a big city like NYC.

If you were a politician, how can you justify employing all the extra DPW workers just for a once in a lifetime/10 year storm? What are they going to do if a storm does not occur? Then the taxpayers will b!tch and moan about paying for workers that don't do a thing. Just some food for thought.

When was the last time you went to a town hall meeting? Things like this (where the tax cuts should impact) are talked about all the time in my town, so I don't see why it wouldn't the case in a big city like NYC.

If you were a politician, how can you justify employing all the extra DPW workers just for a once in a lifetime/10 year storm? What are they going to do if a storm does not occur? Then the taxpayers will b!tch and moan about paying for workers that don't do a thing. Just some food for thought.

How bout we at least keep the number of sanitation workers we've had for the last few years? You don't cut essential services first. You cut things like making new bike paths an keeping those clear before plowing streets. Kach can attest to that.

I THINK if there's a Blizzard Warning in effect, it's pretty sure that it will be big. When is the last time a Blizzard Warning was issued and we got less than 6" of snow?

I forgot to mention there are two buses still stuck on main roads since yesterday morning blocking off half the street. Sorry but when the mayor says to rely on mass transit yet nothing's done to make them work that's total failure.

How bout we at least keep the number of sanitation workers we've had for the last few years? You don't cut essential services first. You cut things like making new bike paths an keeping those clear before plowing streets. Kach can attest to that.

I just watched rescues made off of route 18 from my backyard. Helicopter landed in the field about 1 mile south of my development. Still closed, and roads look like garbage around here. I don't remember anything like this - probably similar to 96.

The heavy snowfall rates for 6-8 hours IMO resulted in crews falling way behind and essentially giving up at the height of the storm. No way to keep up w/ hvy snow and wind.

I just watched rescues made off of route 18 from my backyard. Helicopter landed in the field about 1 mile south of my development. Still closed, and roads look like garbage around here. I don't remember anything like this - probably similar to 96.

The heavy snowfall rates for 6-8 hours IMO resulted in crews falling way behind and essentially giving up at the height of the storm. No way to keep up w/ hvy snow and wind.

Wow, I just had some crazy friends who left long island about an hour ago headed to the Poconos to go skiing. I told them to stay here and go skiing right here lol. I hope they make it.....

Archived