Newest Member
    christians
New York City, Northern NJ, Long Island, Southeast NY, Connecticut OBS

earthlight

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haha i love it...slight upgrade.

Today: Snow and widespread blowing snow before 7am, then snow likely between 7am and 1pm. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 29. Windy, with a north wind between 23 and 26 mph, with gusts as high as 48 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible

Conditions are getting worse almost by the second. The huge dendrite flakes are back once more, and visibility is near zero. PURE WHITEOUT. We have to be nearing 20 inches now and the band doesn't seem to be moving that fast.

Im back up! Looks like we got a rather heavy band late last night although things seem to be winding down now.

We officially eclipsed the 18" mark...18.5"! This is the first storm that has ever done that. My friend video-taped me doing a 19" measurement, but there was also a couple of 19.5s, as well as some 19s, 18s, and 17.5s and 17s.

Everywhere else, there are either 2'+ drifts, or the snow blew off so that there is an incline of snow in my yard, or it is under the (negative) influence of a huge tree and army of bushes that we have.

I hope you officially got your 20", JM!

:weenie: :weenie:

Can't sleep at all tonight...this is stuff you remember forever.

How much you got up there? The radar didn't look too hot earlier. I was hoping everybody would get buried...I was texting a very dissapointed ray earlier. not what I was hoping for!

John, looks like you and some dude from Lyndhurst who measured 29.4" got tops in this snowstorm! Your first 30 incher since 1996! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

We officially eclipsed the 18" mark...18.5"! This is the first storm that has ever done that. My friend video-taped me doing a 19" measurement, but there was also a couple of 19.5s, as well as some 19s, 18s, and 17.5s and 17s.

Everywhere else, there are either 2'+ drifts, or the snow blew off so that there is an incline of snow in my yard, or it is under the (negative) influence of a huge tree and army of bushes that we have.

I hope you officially got your 20", JM!

It's still snowing, Doug, we should do one more measurement when it stops. My last measurement was 17.5" from about an hour ago, but I'll do one more before this thing ends, whenever that is lol.

Maybe you could pick up an extra inch or two and get to 20!

It's still snowing, Doug, we should do one more measurement when it stops. My last measurement was 17.5" from about an hour ago, but I'll do one more before this thing ends, whenever that is lol.

Maybe you could pick up an extra inch or two and get to 20!

Nice!! And yeah, an hour ago or so, I had 16.8"...I had 1.5" last hour (I measured again slightly after 1 hour, thus the 1,7" increase)...you might be at 19" now!

And yeah, 20 would be great! I noticed some radar returns are trying to fire up again in southern CT...hopefully they make it here. I'm satisfied either way, though!

It's pretty much officially "knee-deep" in my side yard...I did a celebratory "pretend to faint on my back" into the 18+" of powder...one of the best feelings ever :D

Nice!! And yeah, an hour ago or so, I had 16.8"...I had 1.5" last hour (I measured again slightly after 1 hour, thus the 1,7" increase)...you might be at 19" now!

And yeah, 20 would be great! I noticed some radar returns are trying to fire up again in southern CT...hopefully they make it here. I'm satisfied either way, though!

It's pretty much officially "knee-deep" in my side yard...I did a celebratory "pretend to faint on my back" into the 18+" of powder...one of the best feelings ever :D

This has to be one of our all time favorites-- Ive got some video archived from this-- as well as threads and maps and stuff saved..... all the twists and turns the past few days made this one even more special..... we'll remember this storm and the model mayhem of the past week for years to come! :thumbsup:

This winter cant suck anymore-- no matter what happens from this point on! :)

BTW I see some heavier returns over CT and up around Great Neck that look like theyre diving south right at us! :snowman:

This has to be one of our all time favorites-- Ive got some video archived from this-- as well as threads and maps and stuff saved..... all the twists and turns the past few days made this one even more special..... we'll remember this storm and the model mayhem of the past week for years to come! :thumbsup:

This winter cant suck anymore-- no matter what happens from this point on! :)

BTW I see some heavier returns over CT and up around Great Neck that look like theyre diving south right at us! :snowman:

Yeah, this one really might be my all-time favorite! We'll remember this one for a long time to come.

And yeah, those echoes really fired up! Hopefully they hold together--that is our only chance at 20"

Archived