• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Central Pa. Spring 2024

27 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

It was just made known that Mike Trout is on Reed Timmer's live stream - Trout is a HUGE weather weenie for those that didn't know that. 

I just found out yesterday (I think I mentioned my last week was insanity) he might be out for the year. Just absolutely brutal. Terrible for baseball. 

• Like 1

It appears to have gone linear. Yay? 

Lots of night ahead tho 
That rouge super cell formed from nowhere and put down a huge tornado tearing through two towns, one 46,000 people before merging

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Jns2183 said:

That rouge super cell formed from nowhere and put down a huge tornado tearing through two towns, one 46,000 people before merging

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Yuuup. And discreet cells SW if Norman/OKC I don’t believe will bring good luck to population centers. 

The amount of chasers out there last night was insane. They're goddamned lucky that Barnsdall/Bartlesville tornado didn't Twistex about 30 of them.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Only made it down to 59 degrees here in EN. Today should be the best weather day of the week with sun and temps reaching the mid to upper 70's. Rain chances return by late tonight. Chester County area records for today: High 99 degrees at Phoenixville (1930) / Low 28 at Coatesville (1974) / Rain 2.74" Coatesville (1908)

image.png.25ad00c434b378b22f2365ed8de69e57.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Atomixwx said:

The amount of chasers out there last night was insane. They're goddamned lucky that Barnsdall/Bartlesville tornado didn't Twistex about 30 of them.

Read reports that the TOR that hit those 2 towns was up 1.5 miles wide...sickening. 

• Like 1

Read reports that the TOR that hit those 2 towns was up 1.5 miles wide...sickening. 
Yeah it was massive. A damned miracle, well maybe a reason to hoist the advanced warning systems and the Wx community onto our shoulders that only one person so far has perished.

• Like 1

Although the morons (I desperately wanted to use another word, but am trying to remove that from the diction) hanging out in the lobby of that Hampton Inn that got smashed should probably cash-out and never enter another draw of luck again because I have a feeling theirs ran out last night.

Meanwhile back home, the sun is shining and the birds won't shut up. Sixty-two on the mercury at 10:28 and so far, the weather this week has looked MUCH better than the 7-day had been showing just Sunday. Mow #3 is set for tomorrow because the damned grass won't stop growing.

6 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Meanwhile back home, the sun is shining and the birds won't shut up. Sixty-two on the mercury at 10:28 and so far, the weather this week has looked MUCH better than the 7-day had been showing just Sunday. Mow #3 is set for tomorrow because the damned grass won't stop growing.

Based off my failing memory, some of the models late last week were way off on QPF amounts - I think @Bubbler86 had shared some different outputs of rainfall amounts in the 2-5" range through tomorrow. WPC's 5 day map had most of eastern PA at 1" or so - current running total since last Friday is .88" with some additional rainfall quite possible overnight tonight. 

13 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

i will be mowing 2 times weekly for the foreseeable future. every 3 days most likely

19 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Based off my failing memory, some of the models late last week were way off on QPF amounts - I think @Bubbler86 had shared some different outputs of rainfall amounts in the 2-5" range through tomorrow. WPC's 5 day map had most of eastern PA at 1" or so - current running total since last Friday is .88" with some additional rainfall quite possible overnight tonight. 

The maps I posted show 1-3" later this week though the days changed a bit through different runs.   CMC and Icon still touting that and the GFS is a little down but still 1-1.5" to go through Saturday.   I did not mean to post any just through Wed.    My bad if I did. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The maps I posted show 1-3" later this week though the days changed a bit through different runs.   CMC and Icon still touting that and the GFS is a little down but still 1-1.5" to go through Saturday.   I did not mean to post any just through Wed.    My bad if I did. 

Oh no, like I said, I'm very likely remembering wrong. I did not go back to look either. I'm sure you're right. 

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Oh no, like I said, I'm very likely remembering wrong. I did not go back to look either. I'm sure you're right. 

I am not sure I am right though.  LOL.  But my intention for the most part was rain for the next 7-9 days (as of last week)

• Haha 1

On 5/2/2024 at 9:21 AM, Bubbler86 said:

GFS has 3-4" for most of the board over the next 7-8 days. 

34 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The first post is probably the run that stuck in my head - I thought I had read something about 3"+ - this was it. This would have been through this coming Friday. 

9 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

The first post is probably the run that stuck in my head - I thought I had read something about 3"+ - this was it. This would have been through this coming Friday. 

Yea, back then it was showing a rowboat day on Thursday.  It has backed off a bit though the CMC is still showing it at 0Z.  

• Like 1