• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Central Pa. Spring 2024

You know we’ll still have people complaining it’s too warm even when it’s one of the coldest spots in the entire metro area.
BD9A96D5-5CF4-4456-81E6-72796312B201.thumb.jpeg.64c456d15346c9d0cc9c972dc891c9f1.jpeg
We always said it was inconsistent with the surrounding area temperatures

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Williamsport at 10:23p has cooled down from 78 earlier to 63. Tomorrow should be record breaking 86/62. .11 of the thunderstorms and rain on Tuesday is now supposed to come around my 2:15 dental appointment. Fingers crossed I don't end up in a downpour.

8 am 

Visibility
0.08 miles

I didn't know we could measure visibility that precisely. I realized overnight it was murky outside. Yet I checked a few times and never saw  any advisories or statements about fog. 

57 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

A balmy overnight low of 59 after a very late day high of 83 yesterday. Felt like a summer morning when I left for work. 

Only made it to 60 here.  MDT made 57 through and with their "cool" 51 yesterday the day was only 8.6An despite it being a scorcher for a high.  Monthly they stand at 1.3AN with 2 days to go.  I said 2 days yesterday, but I should have said 3 as they had not recorded yesterday when I wrote it.  My bad.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

A balmy overnight low of 59 after a very late day high of 83 yesterday. Felt like a summer morning when I left for work. 

Same here with the 59.  Today is the day my AC comes out of its cocoon.  I don't think we get all that close to the records of 90/92 for today/tomorrow but I've been wrong before.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Only made it to 60 here.  MDT made 57 through and with their "cool" 51 yesterday the day was only 8.6An despite it being a scorcher for a high.  Monthly they stand at 1.3AN with 2 days to go.  I said 2 days yesterday, but I should have said 3 as they had not recorded yesterday when I wrote it.  My bad.  

Yesterday's high occurred very late in the day - my highest number was at 6:17pm!

1 hour ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Same here with the 59.  Today is the day my AC comes out of its cocoon.  I don't think we get all that close to the records of 90/92 for today/tomorrow but I've been wrong before.  

I dunno - I'm already at 82.2. My 90 degree day barometer is in the 80s by 11am. Well past that threshold. 

Edit: Wait, what? Today is your 1st AC day???

My goodness. :)  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yesterday's high occurred very late in the day - my highest number was at 6:17pm!

I dunno - I'm already at 82.2. My 90 degree day barometer is in the 80s by 11am. Well past that threshold. 

Yes I'm well aware of your 11am-80 rule and I love it!

Correct, first day of AC is today.  Windows and circulating fan did the trick up until this point.  Yesterday was the first day that was a little rough but we weren't home most of the day so that helped.  If there was a statistic for combined mowing days and days where the AC unit is running, you'd have to be one of the top guns in the Commonwealth haha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Yes I'm well aware of your 11am-80 rule and I love it!

Correct, first day of AC is today.  Windows and circulating fan did the trick up until this point.  Yesterday was the first day that was a little rough but we weren't home most of the day so that helped.  If there was a statistic for combined mowing days and days where the AC unit is running, you'd have to be one of the top guns in the Commonwealth haha.

I'm very good at training people on how to mow properly while their AC unit is providing background noise. 

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

It can't HRRRt to see what the model says and going to use MDT since that is where the record is recorded.   HRRR has MDT at 79 for 11AM which is on the dot or one degree too high (MDT may be 78 right now.)     Eventually high is 86 from 1-5PM.  We shall see how it does.   The HRRR is the warmest of the normal meso's I use for today's high at MDT. 

• Thanks 1