• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central Pa. Spring 2024

The Juniata is now expected to crest at 14" in Huntingdon, which breaches the levees in the Smithfield part of town and drowns the Ollie's plaza, which is home to a million seagulls and empty parking spaces. NWS constitutes 14.5 feet to be a ten-year-flood.

Downstream in Lewistown, where heroin goes to die, 26 feet, which drowns football fields and a few parts of US 22.

Time for in-town kayak.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Barely a drizzle here. I'd take a thunderstorm.0085aaaa8a024aa76ae924121f27a843.jpg

I think the major rains are about over for you and I (pending something tomorrow).    Sun keeps coming out here.   Maybe one of those renegade small cells still hits you?

just heard our school dist is letting out early because of the eclipse. WTF
Every school district in America because peak time is 3:20 and God forbid some asshole tenth grader looks out a school bus window into the sun without the 3D glasses on and singes his cornea, and the school board is out, the superintendent is out, and the newly-erected school board of ambulance chasers start coming for your property taxes to offset the one lawsuit to buy extra strength Visene for the moron kid.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Every school district in America because peak time is 3:20 and God forbid some asshole tenth grader looks out a school bus window into the sun without the 3D glasses on and singes his cornea, and the school board is out, the superintendent is out, and the newly-erected school board of ambulance chasers start coming for your property taxes to offset the one lawsuit to buy extra strength Visene for the moron kid.

what a phucked up world we live in. 

20 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

You are going to have a shot to double me and that includes Saturday as to mine  Down here it has just been a normal rainy 5 days.  The local creek is up 1.5 feet but still 2 feet under minor flood. 

image.png.3227222d76dff2d7b2d478e67ca9e74d.png

Radar looks meh now. Though...the best cell remaining to come up out of MD looks like it's targeting your area. 

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

See, sometimes I wonder if my amounts are too high. I'm at 4.01"

They're not.  I was just poking around WU and all the stations around me are pushing 4".  I'm stuck here in Harrisburg but will have an update later.  Potent event for much of the forum.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Others have had totals similar to yours but the NWS sites are all coming in lower.   The 3.04 is adding up the 5MIN obs today using the 6 hour totals and then adding the first two hours of today...and tacking that on to the official totals for Mon and Tue.   CXY across the river is only at 2.7" it seems (Mon-Wed.)

You start wondering out aloud that your amounts for rain my be inflated and some may start wondering if other reports are inflated...

Just now, Atomixwx said:

You start wondering out aloud that your amounts for rain my be inflated and some may start wondering if other reports are inflated...

I know my limitations in inferred department. No bragging here. :)

5 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

They're not.  I was just poking around WU and all the stations around me are pushing 4".  I'm stuck here in Harrisburg but will have an update later.  Potent event for much of the forum.

Thank you! I was hoping my data is accurate.

We had dropped watching this site but here is radar estimated.  Lower than NWS even.  I am not sure anyone cares about ups and downs of local totals as the cells can make large differences in short distances, but the NWS are the ones that will go in the record book and unless I am not seeing something right, they are basically 2.5 to 3.5" across the board for Mon-Wed.  LNS is around 3.4 it seems.    THV is 3.07.

Capture.JPG