• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central Pa. Spring 2024

36 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

39 this Am.  The rain conveniently started up again just after midnight but only .3 more  for a 5-day running total of 2.4".  Less than 2" for the work week.   No flooding over this way. 

Close Approx. (may be missing .01 or .02 either way) three-day work week running totals for Major NWS Spots.  This includes up until 7:30 this AM. 

AOO: 2.87

LNS: 2.52

MDT: 2.43

CXY: 2.16

HGR: 1.65

3.02 house 

2.82 fairfield

2.71 gburg 7S 

As of 7a-8a

• Like 1

The rain just keeps on keeping on! Rain totals across Chester County over the first 3 days of the month of April: East Nantmeal 2.68" / Atglen 2.63" / Chester Springs 2.45" / Glenmoore 2.63" / Nottingham 2.39" / Warwick Township 2.57" / Devault 2.27" / Kennett Square 2.85" / Longwood Gardens 2.49" / West Chester 2.91" / West Grove 2.47" / Marshallton 2.90"

17 hours ago, TheClimateChanger said:

As we round out the first quarter of 2024, I thought it might be a good time for a review of temperatures. Through the first quarter of 2024, it's been quite toasty in central Pennsylvania.

Williamsport: Third warmest start to the year [of 130 years], behind 2012 & 2023.

image.png.4d8f6fab14760c03fa4d49047ced86ea.png

Harrisburg / Middletown: Sixth warmest start to the year [of 136 years], behind 2020, 2023, 1998, 2012 & 1990.

image.png.5b7097bfe4b34d1fe3f6d82e7348752d.png

Yeesh, so many recent years in those charts.

• Like 1

Shit I've never seen: the marsh between Bigler and Philipsburg is almost on US 322. My parents just reported water on the road at 453 in Birmingham (Huntingdon county) and as MAG said, the Juniata may run amok in Huntingdon and Lewistown.

What a rainer.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, anotherman said:

Just got into Mount Joy and if we get more heavy rains there will be flooding problems. The Little Chiques is ready to burst its banks.

Funny you mention, I actually took a different route to the train this morning because the route I normally take has a stretch of backroad that has to be the most easily flooded anywhere along the creek.  It's constantly being shut down during heavy rains.  Just southeast of town near where Longenecker Road meets Garfield Road (past VFW), if you're familiar. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cobalt said:

Yeesh, so many recent years in those charts.

Also [through yesterday], this has been the 4th wettest start to the year at Williamsport and 5th at Harrisburg. 2024 is certainly holding its own in the annals of weather history.

Also [through yesterday], this has been the 4th wettest start to the year at Williamsport and 5th at Harrisburg. 2024 is certainly holding its own in the annals of weather history.
And you certainly hold your own in the anals of weather history.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, AccuChris said:

Holy wind now in Lebanon.  That batch of rain moved east and winds are howling out of the east now.  Bring on the trees and wires down next…

It is almost totally calm here now after the gusts in the 50's and sustained 35-40 for a good while.   Unique weather day.  

i was just talking to my daughter. I told her HS softball as well as baseball will be playing every day to get caught up. And, they are already short umpires. She'll be having a crazy schedule between softball and the Bears making another run
I'll umpire softball. Plate assignments only.