• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2024 OBS/Discussion

7 hours ago, RedSky said:

The 19th last chance looks dead along with my one more inch of snow.

Weenie handbook #44...models can't handle the time change!

Gorgeous week on tap. Full sun, 56F.

8 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Many screened windows and a screened door open...really airing out the place.

56F....getting a little too warm, wish a arctic front would blow through.

Even yesterday it was hot in the car :thumbsdown:

6 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

Even yesterday it was hot in the car :thumbsdown:

Upper 60s/low 70s after today for a couple days. May as well clean/vacuum the car which looks like crap.

Bright side , looks like 40s for highs mid next week...

56F/Still breezy 

I have been working with the great folks at the Delaware Environmental Observing System (Thanks to Chris!!) to add even more weather observation points and stations across Chester County PA. With the updated data and summer coming I thought I would run an analysis of Summer (June-August) temperatures across the County from 1895 through last summer (now with 25 Chester County Stations at least partially in the data since 1895 and 15 current observation sites included). Overall in the non-adjusted data there is only as expected normal cyclical warm and cool cycles but I thought I would show you a comparison of the post observation adjustment applied by the the National Center of Environmental Information (NCEI) who have applied 111 consecutive years of post observation adjustments to chill the actual observations to each and every summer from 1895 through 2005 and have every year since 2005 now applied a warming adjustment. As you can see in the trend lines the orange non-adjusted and blue adjusted paint a far different rate of our rate of warming.

image.thumb.png.a1fce6d223d9b60662d1cf1a1e4bb8f6.png

Yesterday was the warmest day (65.1) in East Nantmeal since the 66.3 degree reading on November 9th. Other Chester County high temps yesterday included Atglen 65.2 / Chester Springs 66.7 / Devault 67.2 / Glenmoore 65.0 / Longwood 65.2 / Marshallton 67.8 / Warwick 67.9 and West Chester 66.7. Both today and tomorrow should be even a bit warmer but nowhere close to record levels before showers Friday and a turn to much colder weather next week.
Records for today: 84 degrees at Glenmoore/Honey Brook / Chadds Ford and West Chester (1990) / Record Low 1 below zero Coatesville (1896) / Rain 3.24 Coatesville Airport KMQS (2010) / Snow 15.2" Coatesville during the Blizzard of 1993.
image.png.ca8ed1b24ab4dad6a171df8cec9d87c4.png

17 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Can't wait for our bone dry scorching post Nino/pre Nina summer 

It's going to get hot no matter what, that never fails around here. I just hope it doesn't start in May and last through Sept into Oct. That would really suck...

39F

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

4 hours ago, RedSky said:

Another forecasted mostly sunny day turning out mostly cloudy

Don't know what is causing these clouds either, on satellite they appear to be smoke clouds.

I received a moderate air quality alert on my phone this morning. (no joke) I was wondering WTH?

You probably ingested/inhaled a toxic deadly chemical cloud from the Limerick power plant which floated down and hovered above your house. Check for any growth of a 3rd arm/leg/eye/ear tomorrow morning just to be safe...

67F /Pit fire weather 

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

35 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

I received a moderate air quality alert on my phone this morning. (no joke) I was wondering WTH?

You probably ingested/inhaled a toxic deadly chemical cloud from the Limerick power plant which floated down and hovered above your house. Check for any growth of a 3rd arm/leg/eye/ear tomorrow morning just to be safe...

67F /Pit fire weather 

lol I am really in danger then here 

3 minutes ago, mattinpa said:

lol I am really in danger then here 

Live in Linfield directly behind the Power Plant for a couple years. I could see the steam floating aloft from the backyard. Pretty eerie when a TS was approaching w/the lightning...I could see the towers/lightning and steam billowing out all in one picture/glimpse. And those towers are way huge. It would have made for a cool picture...

Once I moved to Royersford I didn't notice the power plants even though I was only a couple miles down the road...

44 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Live in Linfield directly behind the Power Plant for a couple years. I could see the steam floating aloft from the backyard. Pretty eerie when a TS was approaching w/the lightning...I could see the towers/lightning and steam billowing out all in one picture/glimpse. And those towers are way huge. It would have made for a cool picture...

Once I moved to Royersford I didn't notice the power plants even though I was only a couple miles down the road...

LOL I remember as a senior in high school back in '79, my high school Physics class took a trip there while it was under construction (the cooling towers were just being built).  The PECO tour guide told us that when it was completed, our electric bills would be reduced to $3 a month! :lol::huh:

Anyway, it was a gorgeous day today with daffodils in bloom and even some cherry trees.  I ended up with a high/low of 66/37 yesterday, and 71/41 today.  My last 70+ temp was Oct. 27 of last year.

Currently 56 with dp 38.

9 hours ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

LOL I remember as a senior in high school back in '79, my high school Physics class took a trip there while it was under construction (the cooling towers were just being built).  The PECO tour guide told us that when it was completed, our electric bills would be reduced to $3 a month! :lol::huh:

Anyway, it was a gorgeous day today with daffodils in bloom and even some cherry trees.  I ended up with a high/low of 66/37 yesterday, and 71/41 today.  My last 70+ temp was Oct. 27 of last year.

Currently 56 with dp 38.

That's pretty cool and educational. My HS (Archbishop Wood) never considered such a thing. They were too concerned about our top button being buttoned and our tie is pulled all the way up.

Another air quality alert on the phone this morning.....RedSky is doomed.

45F at 6:10am

Today will be the warmest day of the month and as we move into next week we should see well below normal temps for at least the next week and likely normal to below temps for the rest of the month of March. Rain chances ramp up by tomorrow PM and last into Friday night.
County wide records for today: High 84 West Chester (1990) / Low 3 above Coatesville (1896) / Rain 2.51" Kennett Square (1912) / Snow 11" Glenmoore (1993)
image.png.c808e57c931f5ff4ee3cb8443b13e4c3.png

3 hours ago, Albedoman said:

another sunny day that has become cloudy.  Please make this stop. Its been doing this since last June and the smoke fires.

1200x1200.jpg

Wall to wall sun here! Beautiful day! 66 degrees!  Gonna do some year debris clean up when I get home from work and get a nice little fire pit going this evening. 

15 hours ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Currently 56 with dp 38.

PECO should have invited the math class instead-- its sounds like that's where they really needed the help!! 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

72F

Car was in the sun for several hours and was pretty damn hot when I jumped in. Decided to try out the A/C, success and cold!

May as well try it out now before we really bake then find out A/C isn't doing its job...

72.jpg

Dude the window defogger uses the AC

43 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Dude the window defogger uses the AC

Of course. The windows can defog w/low A/C (134A) but when push comes to shove in high summer temps 134A needs to be up to snuff w/optimal refrigerant to keep things cool/cold. I'm a certified gear head...

73F

2 hours ago, RedSky said:

Weather World is predicting stuck in the mud season with a particularly wet stretch through April 17th :o

Guess El Nino dry springs are a thing of the past

I don't even follow models since winter is over...long range accu weather, quite a wet/damp stretch 3/22-3/27. This should wipe all the chemical impurities away...for now.

If you see any squirrels on their back with feet in the air, tell any child/children questioning they are sleeping...and leave it at that.  

75F

april.jpg

21 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

I can’t see it from my house and that’s a good thing. Beautiful day out! As much as I like snow I enjoy days like these around spring.

Just now, mattinpa said:

I can’t see it from my house and that’s a good thing. Beautiful day out! As much as I like snow I enjoy days like these around spring.

Not sure where you live and how long but if you go down Main street(?) you'll lose elevation quickly. I was on 2nd ave for a bit.

The movie, "The Lovely Bones" was filmed right outside my place. It was kinda cool...total crowds everywhere. 

"Parts of the classic 1958 horror film The Blob, starring Steve McQueen, were filmed in Royersford. The film The Lovely Bones, starring Mark Wahlberg, directed by Peter Jackson, was filmed in the borough in late November 2007." 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NR_1RDCh4Js 

• Like 1