• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2024 OBS/Discussion

1 minute ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

I also had the trs80 running alongside my c64.

Friend in grade school had the commodore 64 so I was familiar with it.

Brother went to Drexel (1986) and the Macintosh PC along with Dot Matrix Printer were required for all freshman. It was a big upgrade from the Trash-80 and C64 but the Dot Matrix printer took 5 minutes to print a page and loud as hell. Little did we know less than 10 years later Windows would arrive...

https://drexel.edu/news/archive/2024/March/drexel-apple-40th-anniversary-macintosh-1984

• Like 2

Great weather to start the week as long as allergies are not a problem! We should see temps well into the 70's today and 80's tomorrow. Next shot at showers looks to be around Thursday.
Chester County wide records for today: High 98 degrees at West Chester (1962) / Low 32 degrees also at West Chester (2002) / Rain 4.89" at Coatesville 1SW (1894)
image.png.c62fca920ea20277bc4892bfdeefed9d.png

A nice couple of warm days on the way with highs near 80 degrees today and into the low to mid 80's tomorrow. Next chance of showers by Thursday. For the Memorial Day weekend Friday looks great with sunny skies and temps near 80 degrees. Unfortunately, our weekend pattern for unsettled weather looks to continue. No washouts but some showers are possible almost anytime through the weekend.
Daily records for Chester County for today: High 97 degrees at Phoenixville (1934) / Record low 30 degrees in West Chester (2002) / Rain 5.56" at West Chester (1894)
image.png.9bcda457c64fbc20720962bc67f9d033.png

On 5/19/2024 at 5:48 PM, Birds~69 said:

Friend in grade school had the commodore 64 so I was familiar with it.

Brother went to Drexel (1986) and the Macintosh PC along with Dot Matrix Printer were required for all freshman. It was a big upgrade from the Trash-80 and C64 but the Dot Matrix printer took 5 minutes to print a page and loud as hell. Little did we know less than 10 years later Windows would arrive...

https://drexel.edu/news/archive/2024/March/drexel-apple-40th-anniversary-macintosh-1984

I was in grade school when Windows 95 and 98 came out. That was peak Microsoft.

4 hours ago, PhiEaglesfan712 said:

I was in grade school when Windows 95 and 98 came out. That was peak Microsoft.

Windows 2000, XP and Windows 7 were their best and most stable OS IMO. Never used Windows 8 and Windows 10 and 11 are bloated and it takes an extra step in situations where Windows 7 could get in one step. Still run Windows 7 at home. Only use Windows 11 at work...

83F   

4 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

Windows 2000, XP and Windows 7 were their best and most stable OS IMO. Never used Windows 8 and Windows 10 and 11 are bloated and it takes an extra step in situations where Windows 7 could get in one step. Still run Windows 7 at home. Only use Windows 11 at work...

83F   

dumped windows 10. had enough of the constant window update problems, virus crap, and bogging down with new software updates.  Hate paying for windows software like word powerpoint etc. Went to linux mint back in 2015 and never looked back.  My 12 year old computer with 16 gigs of memory  hums like kitten. No viruses, runs quick as hell and use linux mint libre software for free. Updates on its own with nothing running in the background loading up to and and the updates are downloaded on my time, not windows. Major updates are free and  best of all no virus checkers. Linux is king.

• Like 1

Most spots touched the 80 degree mark yesterday with the exception of West Grove and East Nantmeal "only" hitting 79 degrees. All locales today will reach the low to mid 80's with plenty of sun. Shower chances will be around for the Memorial Day weekend with the best chances at some rain being Tomorrow and the best days with some sun being both Friday and Sunday.
Chester County records for today: High 98 degrees at Phoenixville (1934) / Low 31 degrees in West Chester (2002) / Rain 2.59" at Coatesville 1SW (1915)
image.png.7aa7759642faf5e0d51b63be897b44ce.png

7 hours ago, JTA66 said:

Need rain, car covered in pollen again. 72F/DP 65F

We start losing daylight again a month from now :thumbsup:

Mowed lawn today before tomorrows rain. Jet sprayed pollen/bird crap from the car...it was pretty thick. I'll still take downpours/T-storms tomorrow.

Looks like 6/21 we start losing daylight. (-.01 sec) then the ball starts rolling/increasing downward...

lose.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Birds~69 said:

Mowed lawn today before tomorrows rain. Jet sprayed pollen/bird crap from the car...it was pretty thick. I'll still take downpours/T-storms tomorrow.

Looks like 6/21 we start losing daylight. (-.01 sec) then the ball starts rolling/increasing downward...

lose.jpg

We take!

My brother near Kutztown just got blasted.  He said strong winds, torrential rains and lots of lightning and thunder.  He just texted me again that some massive trees are down too.  The one pic he send the tree almost looks shredded.

• Like 2

Slept through the storms somehow. Worst of it missed to my north by about 2-3 miles. Looks like much of the northwest side of Allentown is without power. Lots of photos on social media of trees down, some of them big ones.

• Like 1