Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 27-28 Severe Threat

pen_artist

1 hour ago, TheClimateChanger said:

EF-2 confirmed in Monroe County, Ohio. That was the first recorded tornado in Monroe County since June 22, 1990, and only the 3rd of record since 1950. It was also the strongest of record, exceeding an F-1 in 1969.

Wow. I’ve spent a lot of time in and around Monroe County during my 3 year stint in the oil and gas industry. Very rural, and borderline Appalachia feel to that part of Ohio, it’s a beautiful area. I lived out of the “Olive Tree Inn” in Woodsfield during winter 2014/2015 and experienced a massive snowstorm in the first few days of March. They got 12” in about 10 hours and all the roads were snowed in for a few days. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, OrdIowPitMsp said:

Wow. I’ve spent a lot of time in and around Monroe County during my 3 year stint in the oil and gas industry. Very rural, and borderline Appalachia feel to that part of Ohio, it’s a beautiful area. I lived out of the “Olive Tree Inn” in Woodsfield during winter 2014/2015 and experienced a massive snowstorm in the first few days of March. They got 12” in about 10 hours and all the roads were snowed in for a few days. 

That is crazy you have been there.  Not a lot of people can say they intentionally went to the Woodsfield area.  I grew up just to the west of Monroe County in Noble County.  That is indeed a beautiful part of Ohio and nothing like the area North of I-70 and West of I-71 which is what most people think of when they think of Ohio. 

4 hours ago, WestMichigan said:

That is crazy you have been there.  Not a lot of people can say they intentionally went to the Woodsfield area.  I grew up just to the west of Monroe County in Noble County.  That is indeed a beautiful part of Ohio and nothing like the area North of I-70 and West of I-71 which is what most people think of when they think of Ohio. 

I have a good friend who I always tease because she loves Ohio and she is always saying most of the state is not like what you see on the freeway.

8 hours ago, WestMichigan said:

I had a choice between SE Ohio/ W PA or west Texas, easy decision.  South of I-70 and east of I-71 might as well be West Virginia, beautiful and semi remote. I always thought it was funny driving east on I-70 out of Ohio where you get Wheeling and 5 minutes of WV before you enter PA. Did a few projects in the Batesville area, but a lot more in Belmont, Monroe and Guernsey counties. 

• Like 1