Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Refresher snow & obs between ~midnight and Noon Sat Feb 17 2024

wdrag

Just now, MJO812 said:

It all depends on the trajectory.  Philly and SNJ looks prime but the darker blue keeps getting close to the south shore of NYC 

Snow in the city is basically rain unless you get 6+. Everything just melts on contact in *most* areas. Would hate to live there for snowstorms. 

• Like 1

Just now, BoulderWX said:

Snow in the city is basically rain unless you get 6+. Everything just melts on contact in *most* areas. Would hate to live there for snowstorms. 

It's good when we get a cold pattern in place with the ocean helping us but yea you are right.  My area stinks for snow but it's way better than Manhattan. 

23 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

It's good when we get a cold pattern in place with the ocean helping us but yea you are right.  My area stinks for snow but it's way better than Manhattan. 

There are two manhattans. From the north end of the park north, does just fine in marginal events. The northern tip of Manhattan is Almost as far north as the northern Bronx. Midtown south is another story. Concrete jungle. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Didn’t mean to be offensive. I just remember so many time when it snowed a decent amount. Let’s say 3-6 and only grass got covered. Happy you got into the action last storm and hope you get a refresher tomorrow 

2 minutes ago, BoulderWX said:

Didn’t mean to be offensive. I just remember so many time when it snowed a decent amount. Let’s say 3-6 and only grass got covered. Happy you got into the action last storm and hope you get a refresher tomorrow 

I know my area sucks. That's why I only average around 28 inches .

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wdrag said:

IMPRESSIVE 12z HRRR... check the NAM and RDPS when they come in.  I may adjust headline a bit at 230PM.  For now though, refreshing snow cover coming. 

Ive been tracking the north shift since 0z. Look at the radar out west and do the math. We might do well here.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

There are two manhattans. From the north end of the park north, does just fine in marginal events. The northern tip of Manhattan is Almost as far north as the northern Bronx. Midtown south is another story. Concrete jungle. 

Northern parts of the city also have some elevation and pockets of natural forrest. Temps usually are about a degree or 2 colder up here.

• Like 1

• wdrag changed the title to Refresher snow & obs between ~midnight and Noon Sat Feb 17 2024
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic