Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2024 Valentines Day Who the Hell Knows - Comeback Thread

DDweatherman

2 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

Funny how gfs is farthest north after being on the south Island. Primary has hung on longer on some recent runs even in the “better” outcomes. euro and nam now on southern end of guidance

It's because the GFS has gotten stronger with the s/w aloft. If you look at 300mb at 02-13 00z, the area of greatest difluence was over SW VA but with the stronger s/w, it's moved 100 miles NW towards KY/S OH. That isn't much aloft, but damn does that 100 miles mean a lot for advection at the surface  with the apps in the way.

• Thanks 3

The Canadian lol. 

Guidance in general having issues resolving the transfer and how quickly the coastal strengthens. Exact track is a bit iffy too. Right now probably gotta ride with the Euro-GFS combo. Given the warmth out in front and no cold HP up north, a norther track/rain-snow line makes sense.

3 minutes ago, wxmeddler said:

It's because the GFS has gotten stronger with the s/w aloft. If you look at 300mb at 02-13 00z, the area of greatest difluence was over SW VA but with the stronger s/w, it's moved 100 miles NW towards KY/S OH. That isn't much aloft, but damn does that 100 miles mean a lot for advection at the surface  with the apps in the way.

In the case where the location of the s/w has large implication makes sense. We wanted it south and slower but stronger was a 50/50 proposition 

19 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

All this tells me is that the models are pretty heavily diverged as we get closer.

The southern camp is gaining a few members

image.jpeg.535962443938e0dd2fc7a4aa2cbc62eb.jpeg

Looks like more 0-10” examples.  Boring

By Sunday night we likely  get the elements of an actual probability forecast.  Now that some science is looming-I’m back as promised. 

Sorry we didn't win this one guys. I'll browse the runs as they come in, might chase this one up north if a run like the euro gets more support. Have free rooms at Mohegan but I think best corridor is Catskills through Springfield, Mass up through say Nashua if northern solutions end up being the winning camp.