• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2024 Valentines Day Rain/Snow/Who The Hell Knows Thread

WinterWxLuvr

I’ve been absent in here because the GFs has been so awful that frankly until something else joins this club I just cant get excited. That said the other guidance has kinda been trending towards it. Maybe once in a while the gfs can stumble onto the right idea.  

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I’ve been absent in here because the GFs has been so awful that frankly until something else joins this club I just cant get excited. That said the other guidance has kinda been trending towards it. Maybe once in a while the gfs can stumble onto the right idea.  

So weird how a brain works. I read GFs as short for “girlfriends”. Then you read your post with girlfriends in mind and it’s pretty damn funny. Ok. Back to work I go. :lol:

24 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I could easily see Mt. PSU getting a inches if it breaks right.  Something that is hopefully a footnote to the 60"+ you rake in over the next month :).

Remember when everything caved towards the GFS that one time in January 2022? Feel like it was a similar range. Half the forum was ready to crown the FV3 king
  • Like 2

ok, gonna switch to comparing it to 0z.....as you know 6z only goes to 90, so we're past that time period...and again, the northern streamer movement is pretty significant vs 6z

Past 81 or so you can tell the GFS is holding a lot more energy back. Its a shift in the right direction though, you’d think
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Past 81 or so you can tell the GFS is holding a lot more energy back. Its a shift in the right direction though, you’d think

That's something to note though since normally (correct me if I'm wrong folks), the Euro has a tendency to hold back S/S energy more so than other models. 

2 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Well, that was anti climatic.   Mt PSU has a trace on this run.   GFS should cave at 18z/0z

Agreed, but what if it doesn't? The Euro definitely went more in the direction of the GFS from the last 2 runs. Problem is, meeting in the middle is no dice for us. It would have to mainly be GFSesque. 

Could always kill this thread and then the new thread will help the GFS score the coup.

Well, that was anti climatic.   Mt PSU has a trace on this run.   GFS should cave at 18z/0z

Idk man… toggling it back from 00z it was a pretty big jump. Kinda looks like it’s behind the GFS by 2 cycles.

Maybe they meet in the middle and we get screwed. But maybe the GFS isn’t done moving yet and the middle is OK

1 minute ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Idk man… toggling it back from 00z it was a pretty big jump. Kinda looks like it’s behind the GFS by 2 cycles.

Maybe they meet in the middle and we get screwed. But maybe the GFS isn’t done moving yet and the middle is OK

Damn, that's awesome. We said basically the same thing lmao 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Agreed, I think that was a decent enough shift.  There’s even been shifts within 100 hours that have been meaningful this winter with our last two events so I don’t think anyone can confidently say they know the final outcome.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Agreed, I think that was a decent enough shift.  There’s even been shifts within 100 hours that have been meaningful this winter with our last two events so I don’t think anyone can confidently say they know the final outcome.

If you go back to 12z yesterday it is a huge shift in the right direction so I am happy with this.  What we can’t have is the 2 meeting in the middle.. so we basically have 0 wiggle room and are relying on the euro to continue its shift.  Fun times for sure.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic