• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pittsburgh/Western PA Spring 2024

February has been bonus spring in 3 of the last 7 years (2017, 40.6; 2018, 38.8; and 2023, 39.7). Might as well make it 4 of 8. For reference, the March mean from 1961-1990 was 39.4F.
On the whole, can you tell me what the average daily temperature in February has been within four inches of Uranus over the last 30 years?

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 2

4 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

On the whole, can you tell me what the average daily temperature in February has been within four inches of Uranus over the last 30 years?

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Cope, brother. I'll be enjoying my bonus spring for at least the first half of February.

image.png.7988bcf65e061f751297622afdf49838.png

NWS is so goddamn lazy in their forecast discussions. The long term still mentions the Midwest omega block and northeast trough that are long gone. Well, I guess the omega block is over us but the troughing is offshore.

Saw this on the Tennessee Valley forum. Pretty bleak to be honest around these parts. Looks like 8 or 9" over the next 46 days. Would be sitting around 20" on the season on March 15. The mean wasn't much better - around 10.5 to 11.5 inches. Far cry from the graphic Mark Margavage shared the other day on X.

Screen_Shot_2024-01-29_at_8.24.20_PM.png

2 minutes ago, TheClimateChanger said:

Saw this on the Tennessee Valley forum. Pretty bleak to be honest around these parts. Looks like 8 or 9" over the next 46 days. Would be sitting around 20" on the season on March 15. The mean wasn't much better - around 10.5 to 11.5 inches. Far cry from the graphic Mark Margavage shared the other day on X.

Screen_Shot_2024-01-29_at_8.24.20_PM.png

Lol at taking these maps verbatim. These have never verified. Let's get through this shitty period and get a good pattern before we start worrying about long range snow maps. 

23 hours ago, Rd9108 said:

Lol at taking these maps verbatim. These have never verified. Let's get through this shitty period and get a good pattern before we start worrying about long range snow maps. 

Don’t read the maps then. Honestly you attacking anyone posting anything is really really old. 

2 hours ago, Rd9108 said:

You're fucking soft if you think what I said is attacking somebody. 

Dude, just stop your trolling. The fact is that every time we are modeled for a pattern change or a window for a big storm it does materialize. Sure we had a couple smaller events over the last few weeks but that period was heavily hyped for a big storm that never came. Then the pattern was expected to flip next week yet that has disappeared.

You don’t need to tell someone every single time they post something that isn’t rosy to stop posting it. 

• 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, TheClimateChanger said:

First recorded tornado in Monroe County since June 22, 1990. Appears to be only the third recorded since 1950, and the strongest on record. Prior was an F-1 in 1969. I suspect some of this is due to the remoteness of the area (only like 10,000 people), but still quite rare.

https://www.weather.gov/pbz/svrclimo

5 hours ago, TheClimateChanger said:

First recorded tornado in Monroe County since June 22, 1990. Appears to be only the third recorded since 1950, and the strongest on record. Prior was an F-1 in 1969. I suspect some of this is due to the remoteness of the area (only like 10,000 people), but still quite rare.

https://www.weather.gov/pbz/svrclimo

And in February no less.

On 1/30/2024 at 10:07 AM, TheClimateChanger said:

February has been bonus spring in 3 of the last 7 years (2017, 40.6; 2018, 38.8; and 2023, 39.7). Might as well make it 4 of 8. For reference, the March mean from 1961-1990 was 39.4F.

Make that 4 out of 8. Looks like we'll come in at 39.5F, 0.1F above the 1961-1990 mean for the month of March.

Interesting to see how next week goes in terms of temps.  Strong divergence between Euro and GFS.  Former wants us back into the 60s by Tuesday while the GFS likes a more extended period of cooler weather.

Looks like March 18th our average highs hit 50 and then 60 by April 9th.  Sorry, no snow to speak of so for now the talk is mostly boring unless we can pop some T-storms again.

Looks like we are going to struggle to get many 90s again. My weather station was from 1.5-2F cooler than the airport, but now since the sun came out and spring has arrived, it's 2-4F warmer during the afternoon. Still cooler at night though.

We’re on track for the 3/1 to 3/7 period to be our warmest first week of March ever.

Today’s mean will likely come in around 54 or 55, tomorrow’s around 50 or 51 so this shouldn’t move much.

1660AFA3-7B40-4E54-BEBF-35D465EEBC39.jpeg.15c3f73f2f6b5e64a607558dd960369c.jpeg

• Like 1

Looking like we may get some snow on Sunday. Snow showers at least and Canadian is showing some possible streamers putting down an inch or so. (I know it won't stick long but will be nice to see some snow in the air and maybe in the grassy areas) Will have to watch it closely. Then it warms back up early next week. Too much rain lately my yard has been soggy. More rain to come tomorrow night and Saturday. :flood: