• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan Medium/Long Range Disco 2: Total Obliteration is Coming

Jebman

FWIW we got back the gefs extended and now all 3 extended systems show us going into a perfect pattern by Jan 30 and rolling through Feb with it. Op gfs shows how we cold even snow during the “relax” because there is a lot of cold left around. 

• Like 16

2 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

FWIW we got back the gefs extended and now all 3 extended systems show us going into a perfect pattern by Jan 30 and rolling through Feb with it. Op gfs shows how we cold even snow during the “relax” because there is a lot of cold left around. 

Very encouraging. It keeps sounding like we are going to set up perfectly for a backloaded prime climo month of Feb Winter. Maybe we get 2 big Feb storms.

23 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

It’s a good sign that no one has even mentioned the 6z gfs had a PD2 type storm out in unicorn land. 

just noticed that...exact same High Configuration and track basically. JB called that one 2 weeks out!

• Like 1

Using the icon as an example of what we want to see. That right shortwave we want to press on farther E and have our main low develop from the trailer. If it develops a low on the lead wave like the icon does that won’t work for us for the most part aacd6c3e79015b363bed7797de42fb9e.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Heisy said:

Using the icon as an example of what we want to see. That right shortwave we want to press on farther E and have our main low develop from the trailer. If it develops a low on the lead wave like the icon does that won’t work for us for the most part aacd6c3e79015b363bed7797de42fb9e.jpg

I agree with this.  Initially there was no trailing wave of note, and that was why a few days ago I was pretty blah about this threat...I just didn't see much potential from that lead wave.  It's positioned right under the TPV, the only way to get it to be much would be to phase and amplify but that would cut it too far NW of us given the location of the boundary and the lack of any confluence in front.  

Now if this keys on that second wave...its a whole different situation.  The front clears the area, we have some confluence created by the lead wave, and that second one has more room to amplify.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Terpeast said:

I think the Saturday model runs will give us a better idea for the Mon-Wed timeframe. Until then, it’s all guesswork 

i think models now have a good idea of what the 2nd cutter will do...we shouldnt have to wait till saturday

• Weenie 3

2 minutes ago, Terpeast said:

I think the Saturday model runs will give us a better idea for the Mon-Wed timeframe. Until then, it’s all guesswork 

We need the guidance to resolve the cutter.  Not sure exactly when they will do that, but until the details with how that affects the ultimate orientation of the TPV which will affect all these moving parts involved in this "threat" we wont have any clarity.  

• Like 7

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

We need the guidance to resolve the cutter.  Not sure exactly when they will do that, but until the details with how that affects the ultimate orientation of the TPV which will affect all these moving parts involved in this "threat" we wont have any clarity.  

Yep, its when they resolve when and how the cutter retrogrades into the tpv that we will know

@stormtracker its really hard imo to get an early read here because the SW that shows up first around 72 hours isn't the one we want to be the storm...its the next one which until later is still a part of the TPV rotating mess up top that splits off around hour 100 and dives in.  Until we get a look at how its oriented its hard to tell much.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Heisy said:

Better TPV press so far vs 6z e2b5686a557a4fd49122050435347f2a.gif

but I don't even know if that is necessarily a good thing, ultimately I think the two things that matter most are that the initial wave doesn't amplify at all to leave space for the next, and that the next one is more amplified.  

• Like 1

but I don't even know if that is necessarily a good thing, ultimately I think the two things that matter most are that the initial wave doesn't amplify at all to leave space for the next, and that the next one is more amplified.  

Agreed, just pointing it out, models are def not gonna have any kind of agreement today with those trailer waves and how/if they work out. So I wouldn’t panic one way or another regardless of what 12z does

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

The lead wave looks a little less amped for what its worth. 

Agreed, just pointing it out, models are def not gonna have any kind of agreement today with those trailer waves and how/if they work out. So I wouldn’t panic one way or another regardless of what 12z does

But you can bet your butt I’ll overreact positively if they show big hits lol

• Haha 2

Just now, stormtracker said:

So far a bit more S and E than 6z

Following wave looks slightly maybe slightly less amped so far as well as the first one, either way it looks pretty similar wave strength wise to 6z through. Agree its all further south east as well. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic