• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 6-7 Winter Storm

37 minutes ago, RedSky said:

This storm has now turned into the Eagles, looked much better in the early going lol

I didn’t know whether to put a laugh or sad face emoji. Laugh until they would lose the first playoff game, lol. Anyway maybe I will at least get enough snow with this storm to beat anything last winter.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Duca892 said:

Le sigh. I really want my first Winter Storm Warning here in Bethlehem PA in ages, but might still be waiting. 

EPS ensembles have you at a 50-60% chance of >6" still very much in the game

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ChescoWx said:

If I were in the LV to SC PA I would be real confident you have a plowable event in your future....for those of us in the more southern climes....time will tell!!

ICON was a mangled mess....thump to rain to dryslot and drizzle. Classic I95 type thing.

Just now, RedSky said:

Happy hour GFS passing out cheers and beers

Wildly different evolution than any other run. Basically says F the primary low and kills it long before it gets to our latitude. Love the final product but I’m not sure I buy it.

11 minutes ago, phillyPete said:

It's funny 06z GFS MSLP/Precip has a lot of great looking, cold precip. But the snow map still looks like PHL is going to have low totals.

Philly barely gets to 33° at the surface the entire storm. Take a look at snow depth maps... 1" or less along the corridor. Mainly rain/snow mix 

11 minutes ago, anthonyweather said:

Philly barely gets to 33° at the surface the entire storm. Take a look at snow depth maps... 1" or less along the corridor. Mainly rain/snow mix 

This is why I suspect the models are picking up on the impact of a little elevation above the fall line in some of the model snow forecasts. Elevation can make quite the difference in marginal storms. I have often seen my area get near 10:1 ratios above 650 ft asl while down at 350 ft it is mainly white rain