• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 6-7 Winter Storm

9 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

12z Euro decided to keep the low inland all the way up until it got close to here and then says - "oh yeah, better head on out over the water".

floop-12z-ecmwf_full-2024010512.prateptype_cat_ecmwf-imp.conus-01052024.gif

LOL! I was just about to say we probably have one more NAM'ing in us (either 18z or 0z) before 6z sends the low up the Garden State Parkway :lol: 

12 minutes ago, Newman said:

Winter weather advisory for Berks and Lehigh, 3-5". Honestly surprised NWS went that high, was expecting 2-4

I was surprised how long it took them to issue anything for Berks and Lehigh.  I guess its a battle zone area at this point on the models anyway.  This morning Accuweather went from 3-6 to 1-3 for this area, but earlier went back to the 3-6.

I was surprised how long it took them to issue anything for Berks and Lehigh.  I guess its a battle zone area at this point on the models anyway.  This morning Accuweather went from 3-6 to 1-3 for this area, but earlier went back to the 3-6.

3-6 is probably the best call for LV , more in the elevations

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, anthonyweather said:

3-6 is probably the best call for LV , more in the elevations

Agreed!  Happy with 3-6, happier with more, frown with less.  Time will tell.  At least we get to see some white stuff finally.

• Like 2

The 850s are held more at bay on the NAM, aided by the mid-level circulation passage coming in a bit further south this go around.

namconus_z850_vort_us_fh30_trend.thumb.gif.2c72258914601605068953ce8e2c48a6.gif

Just now, MGorse said:

It was 3-5 inches earlier, so not a significant change. 

Yes just pointing it out.

• Like 1

The RGEM comes in cooler as well, following the NAMs. Again, there was a very slight shift south with the 850mb low, but each mile matters as the rain-snow line battle will be a real one. Below is a sounding from the RGEM for tomorrow evening in eastern Berks county 0z UTC. Between 21z and 3z (so like 4pm-10pm) is when much of the NW burbs will see their best snow growth. After that, rates will drop off. Certainly not extremely "unstable", but the mid-levels do have pretty steep lapse rates and that will aid in dynamics. Between 4pm-7pm the RGEM has a solid 700mb fronto band push through. This is that initial "thump" that many will be relying on.

rdps_2024010518_033_40.49--75.7.thumb.png.465368869234c780755375408be128ca.png

700fgen.us_ma.thumb.png.1525c9bc39e0d4326b6c4c4884125d82.png