• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2024

26 minutes ago, snywx said:

Should be over a foot within the next hour. What a fail by every single computer model 

10.2" otg 

8 inches even and counting as of 8:10 am. 29° and the snow continues.

If the radar holds up 10 inches seems like a lock and a foot not out of the question.

I honestly can't remember the last time I went to bed at midnight accepting the fate the models had bestowed upon my area for 1-2 inches of snow and woke up to a total model breakdown. I'd much rather have this than the reverse.

• Like 3

Just ending here W of Middletown.  It's like islands of winter within a broader Fall pattern.  Looks like that's the norm we're heading for.  Occasional big storms with long stretches of bare ground.  I was never a "snowpack" guy because I always had one.  Now, I've become one too late.

• Like 1

I would've had a real reading for y'all because I finally put out a board for this one but a branch came down and disturbed the whole area where it was :( Anyway, I'm good with calling it a foot, there was 8" on the flats when I started shoveling and 2 hours later there was another 4" when I got back to where I started. It's still snowing nicely but it's mostly needles and broken flakes and it's not like it was under that crazy backside band. This is some heavy stuff too, shoveling is a full body workout :weight_lift:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

12.7 inches for the final.

To call it an over performer would not do it justice, to call the models performance through the whole ordeal pathetic, would be kind.

Agree, a lot of hair pulling for the last couple of model runs.  I came in at 12.2”, nice to see some snow cover.

• Like 2

10.5” inches  final here in my part of the Poconos. I was actually shocked to wake up and see we got dumped on. Thought for sure this threat was dead after seeing the models slip south.  Amounts ranging from 12 to 14” to my south and southwest in other areas of the Poconos as well. What a cutoff though, just to my north and nw; in a matter of 20 to 30 miles it goes down to absolutely nothing. What a headache of a storm and a disaster of model output, my god. Seasonal total now sits at 37.5”. 

• Like 3