Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2024 Banter

George BM

8 hours ago, blizzardmeiser said:

Exactly. Can’t accept a loss so coming up with conspiracy theories 

I can accept the Ravens loss but I am still a sore loserman. Dammit I wanted the Ravens to go to Vegas and beat the sh!t right out of the Lions!

On 1/6/2024 at 7:59 AM, Scarlet Pimpernel said:

As you wish (still had a link somewhere in my bookmarks!)...

Once upon a time, in N VA, about the early 2000s, I was THIS obsessed with wanting snow in Dale City, craving my snow jebwalk and craving to pile snow up to fifty feet high! I didnt give a fooking DAMN what my late Dad thought! I was as angry as Mein Fuhrer! Maybe even worse! I worshipped snow! I adored ice! I wanted to show everyone how I could dance like Michael Jackson on the ice! MAYBE EVEN BETTER THAN MICHAEL JACKSON! I craved a BECS just so I could jebwalk down I 95 in direct violation of the Law and enjoy people struggling to reach shelter! I too was sick and fooking TIRED of people on this board talking about dumb shyte, instead of going over the models and obsessing over HECS like me!

WHY DO PEOPLE THINK THEY NEED SLEEP?!! THEY CAN SLEEP WHEN THEY ARE DEAD!!!! We need to track every last model run! EVERY LAST MODEL RUN! ALEET! ALEET! We have a massive devastating HECS on the way! We got to track this ENTIRE favorable pattern!

I WUB this video with all my snow weenie heart! This is how obsessed with the snow and the Ice we should all be! This man is a hero! HE IS AN INSPIRATION! AN ICON! His dedication and passion for snow would have done Kocin-Uccellini and Heather Archambault PROUD!

4 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

I'm sad today...Ravens lost, snow chances for Feb not looking like I'd hoped...not sure what to be happy about right now. It's so depressing man...

I hope to G-D that the Niners stomp the Chiefs right into the ground in Vegas with no mercy at all! Damn right I'm a sore loser!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

I'm sad today...Ravens lost, snow chances for Feb not looking like I'd hoped...not sure what to be happy about right now. It's so depressing man...

You have zero control over the outcome of a professional sporting event. Same with the weather. I am sure you have other sources of happiness.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, TowsonTownT said:

Remember when we complained about how Roman running the ball cost us the playoffs? Those were the days!

Roman had a HS level passing scheme. Ravens have better receivers now too. Most of the time they were blanketed yesterday. Monken played right into the strength of their defense. Tried to trick em I guess by just flinging passes downfield all game and refusing to run it against a defense that doesn't stop the run. Mind boggling.

Maybe i'm just stupid (quite likely if you ask my wife) but for weeks my head has been wrapped around any solid winter run in February not starting until around valentines day then I guess there were some hints that we would have some chances earlier but the real meat was still VD and later.....so basically still on track as far as I can read but yet now people are cliff diving because it isn't happening earlier than what was originally and always forecast to be? Now we have Bob's gut and wisdom spooking the usual suspects, I anticipate Ralph to come in today chest thumping and yet the only reasonable voice has been Ji but because he has no clue how to articulate he has a post basically saying that the pattern change is still showing the same date as it did two weeks ago and SOMEHOW people took that to mean delayed....goodness this board sometimes. 

2 hours ago, CAPE said:

Yep. One of the 3 carries for Gus. Only weakness of the Chiefs D- stopping the run.

As a neutral observer (bengals fan) who has recent experience watching his beloved team playing the Chiefs in big games (Burrow is 3-1 against Mahomes and 1-1 in the AFC championship) I cannot underscore enough that point.  I thought the offensive gameplan from Monken/Harbaugh was perplexing (at best). Clearly KC had a plan to contain Lamar in the pocket - their rush lane discipline was excellent and the strength of KC's D is their defensive backfield (and Chris Jones at d-tackle - but he's more effective rushing the QB). So...run the ball? With the best rushing offense in the NFL? I mean...that, right? Instead, the run almost entirely abandoned. I was absolutely confused. Still am. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, aldie 22 said:

Maybe i'm just stupid (quite likely if you ask my wife) but for weeks my head has been wrapped around any solid winter run in February not starting until around valentines day then I guess there were some hints that we would have some chances earlier but the real meat was still VD and later.....so basically still on track as far as I can read but yet now people are cliff diving because it isn't happening earlier than what was originally and always forecast to be? Now we have Bob's gut and wisdom spooking the usual suspects, I anticipate Ralph to come in today chest thumping and yet the only reasonable voice has been Ji but because he has no clue how to articulate he has a post basically saying that the pattern change is still showing the same date as it did two weeks ago and SOMEHOW people took that to mean delayed....goodness this board sometimes. 

Winter is canceled again. FOREVER. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

As a neutral observer (bengals fan) who has recent experience watching his beloved team playing the Chiefs in big games (Burrow is 3-1 against Mahomes and 1-1 in the AFC championship) I cannot underscore enough that point.  I thought the offensive gameplan from Monken/Harbaugh was perplexing (at best). Clearly KC had a plan to contain Lamar in the pocket - their rush lane discipline was excellent and the strength of KC's D is their defensive backfield (and Chris Jones at d-tackle - but he's more effective rushing the QB). So...run the ball? With the best rushing offense in the NFL? I mean...that, right? Instead, the run almost entirely abandoned. I was absolutely confused. Still am. 

It "wasn't that type of game" per Harbaugh. I swear I wonder sometimes if the Ravens would be better off moving on from him.

Just now, RickinBaltimore said:

It "wasn't that type of game" per Harbaugh. I swear I wonder sometimes if the Ravens would be better off moving on from him.

I genuinely do not know what that means. Harbaugh is an amazing coach in a lot of respects, but I get the frustration with him sometimes too from Ravens fans. 

49 minutes ago, aldie 22 said:

Winter was rigged

On an up note - I hiked 11 miles yesterday through Catoctin forests north of Frederick, I've done long hikes every weekend since Thanksgiving, I'm down 3 stone since late August, and I've started dating again and planning dates when I don't have to worry about snow and cold is much easier. Plus, using less heating oil, so...win?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, North Balti Zen said:

They embarrassed themselves in front of the entire city and nation. This is the first time I've ever been embarrassed to be a Ravens fan. I mean we are in the worst position right now, and I have zero confidence in them at the moment...and even if they play well next season, I still won't believe until they do it. Won't allow myself to.

My main winter hoodie and hat is Ravens, so I gotta wear that shame the rest of the winter, smh (too cheap to buy a new one so that part is my fault). Did everything right this year but this and they all should be ashamed for what they did to the rest of us. Dang it man I am frickin' ticked and it's about to ruin my entire week if I let it.

They played like a bunch of drunk teenage broads. Grown men playing professional football the way they did should all be terminated and blacklisted from pro sports the rest of their short miserable lives. What I watched yesterday wasn't football, it was bullshyt.

4 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

Winter is canceled again. FOREVER. 

It's high time for yet another Winter is Over full manifesto. Maybe I should go beg the Reaper to reap me again. Man we ARE desperate.

This is depressing.  Ravens suck huge hairy goat balls in the world class hall of Shame and Winter sucks too.

10 hours ago, CAPE said:

He isn't getting fired. Nor is Harbaugh. Doesn't matter what I think.

Take this from another angle...Looking at the whole season...was Monken a bad hire? I mean...dude had a great track record (unlike Roman). How do you see an inexplicable meltdown in one game ahead of time?

1 hour ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Take this from another angle...Looking at the whole season...was Monken a bad hire? I mean...dude had a great track record (unlike Roman). How do you see an inexplicable meltdown in one game ahead of time?

IDC. This was the AFC championship game. To get to THE game. The fucking goal. They completely deviated from their MO. Their bread and butter. Literally played right into the Chief's hands defensively. Buffalo ran all over them last week. They are 27th against the run. Ravens are the Kings of running the ball. And if you want to go pass happy, run slants and other higher percentage pass plays, not slow developing down the field plays against a good pass rush. Low percentage stuff. It was as if they were trying to lose..

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CAPE said:

IDC. This was the AFC championship game. To get to THE game. The fucking goal. They completely deviated from their MO. Their bread and butter. Literally played right into the Chief's hands defensively. Buffalo ran all over them last week. They are 27th against the run. Ravens are the Kings of running the ball. And if you want to go pass happy, run slants and other higher percentage pass plays, not slow developing down the field plays against a good pass rush. Low percentage stuff. It was if they were trying to lose..

Oh yes--it was an awful, awful gameplan. Probably one of the worst in AFC championship history. I mean it was frickin' dumb! (And I'll bet if you ask him he'll say the same thing)

All I question is if it warrants a firing. Easy to say yes right now...but looking at the big picture...you gotta consider whether it would make things better or worse next year.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic