Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2023-2024 OBS/Discussion

The Iceman

27 degrees. 

Winter was a fun two weeks right? Better than last year. 

Looks to dry out and calm down after the 1st for a bit. 

We can begin to track again between the 10th-20th of February and thats about it unless we get a freak March storm which most of them maybe cold turns into white rain. 

Today should be our mildest day in the last 10 days with temps well into the 30's to near 40 for most spots. Some rain chances late tonight into tomorrow with a slight chance some of that could freeze on some surfaces. A steadier rain from Wednesday night into Friday morning with high temps well into the 50's on Friday. More rain arrives by Saturday night into Sunday.
Records for today: High 69 (1906) / Low 5 below (1936) / Precipitation 2.20" (2016) / Snow 22.0" (2016) this was the 2nd day of our 7th largest snowstorm (26.0") in Chester County history 8 years ago today.
image.png.e3b577f366e7a7333e1f14214c5907dc.png

3 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

Just watching Fox29, Kathy Orr has a high of 66F (Phily) for Fri...Kamu snow pile may be on life support.

May change the car oil then BBQ...

36/Cloudy

66.jpg

Yeah it's gonna be tough, won't be below freezing here for several days, and that along with the rain will do a number on it. Could get foggy tomorrow with the cold ground and warm air.

7 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

Just watching Fox29, Kathy Orr has a high of 66F (Phily) for Fri...Kamu snow pile may be on life support.

May change the car oil then BBQ...

36/Cloudy

66.jpg

Wiggum Rule Watch in effect starting Friday. Touch 60 and see some flakes within 5 days after. 93% success rate.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Wiggum Rule Watch in effect starting Friday. Touch 60 and see some flakes within 5 days after. 93% success rate.

I thought about that. If we were going to hit the 50s, may as well hit the 60s and start the clock.

I have just enough propane for a Friday BBQ...

35F/Cloudy

4 hours ago, KamuSnow said:

Yeah it's gonna be tough, won't be below freezing here for several days, and that along with the rain will do a number on it. Could get foggy tomorrow with the cold ground and warm air.

I live near the North Wales train station and they have some nice piles and I don't think they'll even make it. A partly/mostly sunny Friday afternoon w/highs in the 60s will be a killer.

RIP snow piles...

35F/Cloudy

2 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

I live near the North Wales train station and they have some nice piles and I don't think they'll even make it. A partly/mostly sunny Friday afternoon w/highs in the 60s will be a killer.

RIP snow piles...

35F/Cloudy

Amen.

Wait a minute they say, lol. But probably. I've noticed in the past that as long as it gets below freezing at night they can handle warmer weather for a while. But no relief for days, plus the rain and fog sauna, no bueno.

8 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Amen.

Wait a minute they say, lol. But probably. I've noticed in the past that as long as it gets below freezing at night they can handle warmer weather for a while. But no relief for days, plus the rain and fog sauna, no bueno.

Currently, seems to be foggier here by the hour...unless it's my /age/eyesight. :oldman:  May have to contact RedSky for assistance...

fog.jpg

• Haha 1

A foggy day with the melting snow cover across the area. Some light rain or drizzle today with some steadier rains tonight through tomorrow night. Temps will actually rise through tonight and stay mild through Friday with temps possibly touching 60 degrees on Friday. Much chiller air will filter back into the area with more rain that may change to or end as some snow or ice by the end of the weekend.
Records for today: High 72 (1967) / Low 4 below (1930) / Rain 2.76" (1979) / Snow 3.7" (2015)

image.png.f8fe768020bf56b869c149f220088e04.png

Maybe 100yrds? I can't see jack shit...

Active Weather Alerts

DENSE FOG ADVISORY
ISSUED: 11:00 AM JAN. 24, 2024 – NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE
...DENSE FOG ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 2 PM EST THIS AFTERNOON...

* WHAT...Visibility less than one quarter mile in dense fog.

* WHERE...In Delaware, New Castle. In Pennsylvania, Delaware,
Western Chester, Eastern Chester, Western Montgomery, Eastern
Montgomery, Upper Bucks and Lower Bucks.

3 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

RIP snow piles...

35F/Cloudy

Also,

Someone left the snowpile in the rain.... I don't think that I can take it              Cuz it took so long to make it

Nomsayin?

• Haha 2

12z euro gets accumulating snow even down to the 95 corridor. I think you may have to cut the totals on the clown map in half down there due to the changeover from rain and surface temps but would still be a decent event for many. As Newman said, LV gets absolutely pasted:

sn10_acc-imp.us_ne.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

53 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

12z Euro still showing the Sunday non-thingy, thing. Hmmm :huh:

How can one complain when they get the biggest snow of the winter during the lull period eh

I still can't believe that run but here I am looking right at it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1