Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pittsburgh, Pa Winter 2023-24 Thread.

meatwad

1 minute ago, MikeB_01 said:

Wow!! The trend over the last few runs is crazy.

I’m hoping the windshield wiper effect is fully engaged. Settling somewhere in between

Bernie Rayno is gonna eat shit if that verifies and honestly he shouldn't but he will on Twitter. 

This went to shit fast. We went from excited at 6z and 12z to extreme depression. I can't believe how bad the models have been.

Only thing I'll say is there's still time atleast the 6z and 12z for this to get a little better. Obviously anything more than a light accumulation is probably out of the question. 

7 hours ago, Rd9108 said:

This went to shit fast. We went from excited at 6z and 12z to extreme depression. I can't believe how bad the models have been.

Only thing I'll say is there's still time atleast the 6z and 12z for this to get a little better. Obviously anything more than a light accumulation is probably out of the question. 

Obviously nothing has happened yet, but this was an even riskier low confidence setup. There were models and members in the ENS suites that showed this completely missing so that was always a possible outcome. At this point if it keeps heading this way its going to end up as little to nothing for anyone. 

It looks like the 06z Euro is continuing the trend, even central PA / further east are probably starting to worry. Honestly, if we can't get at least 3-4 inches, I hope it keeps moving away, at this point the 06z NAM we almost stay completely dry, no rain or snow. I'd prefer that, another tick or two SE with that shield and I get my wish.

nam3km_apcpn_neus_14.thumb.png.e7f4e26e129096f7ad62099c230eedaf.png

And let’s take a moment to recognize how bad the models are these days, even at very close range. Is that because we’ve rendered our atmosphere unrecognizable by allowing billionaires to take 13 minute private jet flights and pump megatons of carbon into the atmosphere?

8 hours ago, TimB said:

All 0z guidance so far pretty much ends the dream. Fuck this hobby.

This storm was always a long shot, but its starting to look like this "epic" "mint" "awesome" pattern that this storm was just a precursor for is also a brief cold shot, probably similar to the week in January. Nothing we can do, just along for the ride, maybe we get a fluke, or maybe we get an early warm Spring. I'm good with either at this point.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RitualOfTheTrout said:

This storm was always a long shot, but its starting to look like this "epic" "mint" "awesome" pattern that this storm was just a precursor for is also a brief cold shot, probably similar to the week in January. Nothing we can do, just along for the ride, maybe we get a fluke, or maybe we get an early warm Spring. I'm good with either at this point.

Waiting at least another 10-11 months for an advisory level snowfall when it’s already been two goddamn years simply isn’t palatable to me.

2 hours ago, RitualOfTheTrout said:

At least this board has always doubled as a weather enthusiast/support group location. lol

• Like 1

Today is day 21 of what will be the warmest 3 week period starting in January that has ever been recorded at Pittsburgh International, and it’s not particularly close. In fact, even if you include the last day or two of the January cold snap in there, it’s still a full degree or two ahead of the 40.3 recorded in 1974. Today should bring the 21-day average to 42.9 or 43.0.

88664AAF-AB31-4A74-8884-305A56D634C9.jpeg.09a69b03d2a6021c9776e73639b6bdf1.jpeg

54 minutes ago, MikeB_01 said:

I don't know what i would do without you guys. No one else understands my frustration (or excitement --> when it happens)

Is Aaron Lewis secretly a snow weenie.. you listen and be the judge. Feels pretty damn accurate this morning, even if the music isn't your style the lyrics hit through the lens of this hobby. lol