Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

On 3/12/2024 at 1:54 PM, Itstrainingtime said:

LR GFS today has MLB opening day (March 28th) starting off with temps in the 20s statewide. Going to need to bundle up as my wife and I head to South Philly that day. It's one of the coldest mornings on the entire run. 

10 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I think the model you are referencing is farther back than yesterday.    The GFS has switched to extending the cold streak next week longer but giving up the end of the month for quite a few runs in a row now.  Yesterday the morning of the 28th was mid 40's at MDT.  

You are correct, it was Tuesday. I was wrong again. Head isn't on straight right now. 

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

You are correct, it was Tuesday. I was wrong again. Head isn't on straight right now. 

Oh no biggie, I just made comment because of the drastic change for the next weekend with a chance of snow on Saturday now instead of 60's like it showed a couple days ago.  It was sort of a give and take.  Both of the last 2 12Z GFS's have shown snow for some Saturday the 23rd.  May be our last hurrah winter wise. 

Just missed 70 the last couple days but it sure made it today. As high as 74ºF here so far this afternoon. Checked KAOO to see if it was a record day at 73ºF there and it apparently was not. The 80ºF daily record high in 1990 would appear to be safe.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Just got home to discover that my neighbor mowed again today. I can't even win the battle of my street.

I saw others out mowing on my way home as well. 

I spent my lunch hour weeding. They’re exploded everywhere. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Just got home to discover that my neighbor mowed again today. I can't even win the battle of my street.

Here is my neighbors yard.  I was lazy and did not feel like going out to picture mine and I can picture his from afar from my office.  Mowing is indefinitely off still.   I did not feel like getting stomped in the contest again which was why I pulled out.

image.png.89d4788c696c3fe146343779bfe5b7a8.png

19 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Here is my neighbors yard.  I was lazy and did not feel like going out to picture mine and I can picture his from afar from my office.  Mowing is indefinitely off still.   I did not feel like getting stomped in the contest again which was why I pulled out.

Does he know that his yard is famous? 

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Does he know that his yard is famous? 

It has been on here at least a half dozen times.  He may want royalties, so no.  LOL.   The office I work in is at an angle where I cannot see much of my own yard, so I go long shot.   On these boards, no yard is more famous than Maytown Mikes of mowing champion fame. 

• Haha 1

I think your street is a part of some military funded experiment

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

I read this post in Borat's voice as if his neighbor, Nursultan Tuyakbai had a nice yard.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

If your in Alabama.

It's already far too hot in my house. I can't sleep if it's above 63

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

We have all windows open and fans on trying to cool it off. It’s still 69 out.