Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

MU's Elliott measured 6.7" at his home 4 miles ENE of Dover. 

MU was lagging behind - they were only at 3.5" at 8:30am. 

Okay, that kind of backs up what I was saying about some marginal temp issues perhaps reducing accumulation down this way.  I wonder how the southern end did?

12 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

10am FINAL Obs:  Temp up to 35 as snow has tapered off and skies are brightening.  An additional half inch brings my storm total to 5.5". 

It sure seemed like I was under some of the best radar returns for most of the morning but a lot of you did a bit better than me.  I'm thinking my marginal temps reduced the efficiency of my accumulation at times.  Anyway, very pleased and a stunning scene out there!  I will get a liquid measurement a little later and report back.  On to Saturday.....

I’m on top of a large hill and very far north…just one mile to the TP so I often do better than other Lancaster locales.

6 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Okay, that kind of backs up what I was saying about some marginal temp issues perhaps reducing accumulation down this way.  I wonder how the southern end did?

MU's 8:30am observation was the only thing I've really seen yet south of Rt. 30. Sounds like about 5" at work which given the elevation further supports your thoughts. 

• Like 1

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

MU's 8:30am observation was the only thing I've really seen yet south of Rt. 30. Sounds like about 5" at work which given the elevation further supports your thoughts. 

Edit: It sounds like the very best banding extended from northern Adams east through northern York, Lanco, and points N of that line. 

4 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

I had 4" on the dot, and he's not that far from me.

NE of Dover is a good distance from Hanover...isn't it?

His report vs yours seems completely reasonable to me. I'm almost due east of Dover and had a hair under 6". 

Second edit: I'm actually a good bit NE of Dover. I'm almost due east of Roundtop. 

9 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

I'm liking 12z modeling so far. We may just nickel and dime ourselves to average yet thanks to February, the favored month in Niños. 

Yep, looks like fun times trackin wise, and hopefully eekin our way towards climo. 

Lightyears better than last season.  

@Blizzard of 93:

I think that everyone in this thread loves snow to varying degrees...some love to track, some love to watch it fall, some love to play in the aftermath, and some love a combination of those things...

I doubt that any of us would argue that no one loves snow more than you do. And you sir, and your unfailing attitude of positivity and refusing to give up, were just rewarded handsomely for your passion and dedication. Truly, you earned this storm. I think I'm happier for you than I am for myself. Well done!

Now...will you please bring home another one? (or two...or three...or...) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Man, I really like the look at the end of the NAM and RGEM runs, to go along with what the Icon is showing.  Would be another quick hitter but could be a fun little advisory type event to kick off the weekend.

absolutely.  If we can get GFS to start showing NS and SS to come together (they were close at 6z) we might be in luck. 

• Like 1