Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

25 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

Winter Storm Watch finally issued for Adams, York and Lancaster.

I know a lot feel this came wayyyy to late...

...I'd also like to put it out there that CTP has issued a TON of winter weather headlines that never verified. Many never came close to verifying. 

2 sides to that coin.

• Like 1

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

...I'd also like to put it out there that CTP has issued a TON of winter weather headlines that never verified. Many never came close to verifying. 

2 sides to that coin.

High bust potential with this one...on both sides of the coin again. 

24 minutes ago, canderson said:

What a nightmare for schools and companies timing wise. It might not snow hard enough for roads to accumulate yet could at any time pour snow and make them impassable.  

You aren't kidding.  Just had a call with my boss about this.  Don't think I'm going into the office tomorrow. 

25 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Gefs

sn10_acc-mean-imp.us_state_pa (24).png

Since I said I was done posting Lanco centric stuff, this is a perfect depiction of how close our county is between the haves and have nots..

Edited for not looking before posting.  Fingers faster than brain. 

41 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

2 sides to that coin.

their responsibility is no different than ANY of the other regional NWS offices.  IF/when they bust...so be it....everyone does, but to be so late to the game all the time...not sure how that is defendable.  

Not picking an argument, but merely stating a fact that many here agree with. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, canderson said:

What a nightmare for schools and companies timing wise. It might not snow hard enough for roads to accumulate yet could at any time pour snow and make them impassable.  

Its tough, but its the public sectors responsibility to inform people of the POTENTIAL challenges....

People would rather know of the possibility of something happening and it not, than to be caught off guard.  That's not an argument, thats just common sense.  Most outside the weather boards dont care about who got an inch more or less....they arent weenies like us.  

They need to be informed and can despite having an app that thinks for them, can come to their own conclusions or plan for as best possible.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AccuChris said:

Latest HRRR shows the changeover to heavy snow down to the turnpike by 4AM

IMG_4324.png

I'm still nervous that I'll be smelling the snow and watching....and waiting, while peeps 20 miles to my north are in thumptown.

2 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

I'm still nervous that I'll be smelling the snow and watching....and waiting, while peeps 20 miles to my north are in thumptown.

Just so where clear is that straight line? or driving distance?  ....  I'm only 15.8 as the crow fly's but....

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

their responsibility is no different than ANY of the other regional NWS offices.  IF/when they bust...so be it....everyone does, but to be so late to the game all the time...not sure how that is defendable.  

Not picking an argument, but merely stating a fact that many here agree with. 

I get it - there's a fine line I guess between getting word out in time to raise awareness vs not having to retract a headline when things swing back in an unfavorable direction. 

6 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Idk, seems like they're living in the past. Especially when you consider what Lwx is thinking. In any event, I  think this is a 2-4" or 3-6" event imby from what I've seen so far.

I stand by my call of 2-4 for most areas Harrisburg and south but maybe less down my way and other areas bordering the M/D York and west.  Areas to the east have a better shot at higher coastal totals.   With the temps as predicted, I do not think there are a lot of major road issues over here. 

I think the virtual learning options gives them an out and fast way to pivot.