Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

4 minutes ago, Jonesy56 said:

I'll split the hog with you on the 9th. That's my bday.  Also the NWS's bday!  A crippling triple-phaser for the ages is all I ask for each year.  Or cash.

Although I'll likely never see a storm exactly like March 1993 again, a wound up triple phased monster is something that I yearn for. And if it means I mix over at some point while areas west get obliterated with feet of snow, so be it. I'd just like to experience something close to the Superstorm again in my life. 

I honestly think that even though March 1993 was dubbed the 100 year storm, I think the odds are at least decent that there is a wound up monster sometime sooner than later. 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Jonesy56 said:

I'll split the hog with you on the 9th. That's my bday.  Also the NWS's bday!  A crippling triple-phaser for the ages is all I ask for each year.  Or cash.

i got a 1/2 hog last year.  First time i've ever gotten custom meat. 

I will do that again.  lotsa good eats.  

Oh and we'll start a gofundme for the cash.  Much easier gift to get (than triple phaser). 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Although I'll likely never see a storm exactly like March 1993 again, a wound up triple phased monster is something that I yearn for. And if it means I mix over at some point while areas west get obliterated with feet of snow, so be it. I'd just like to experience something close to the Superstorm again in my life. 

I honestly think that even though March 1993 was dubbed the 100 year storm, I think the odds are at least decent that there is a wound up monster sometime sooner than later. 

We've actually had a couple decent looks so far this season that had the 3 in play, just off on timing.  

With the active STJ, all we need is for the wonky ass 500 looks to settle down, get the PNA back to + and then maybe....just maybe.    

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Give us a picture of your dream 500mb

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

many 384hr 500 maps come to mind....:lol:

Nice well placed PNA ridge in the west

west based NAO or neg AO

active STJ across the south. 

I can draw but I hope that works for your visual needs

Talk about big snowstorms happening much more frequently lately  - MU just posted this today. Glean at your discretion...

Since 1926,

has only received 8 snowstorms of 18" or greater. Here they are! 

Jan. 7-8, 1996: 30.0"

Jan. 22-23, 2016: 26.7"

Feb. 16-18, 2003: 25.5"

Feb. 11-12, 1983: 24.0"

Feb. 5-6, 2010: 24.0"

Feb. 15-16, 1958: 20.0"

Feb. 9-10, 2010: 19.0"

Mar. 13-14, 1993: 18.0"

• Like 3

Talk about big snowstorms happening much more frequently lately  - MU just posted this today. Glean at your discretion...
MU Weather Center   Since 1926, @millersvilleu has only received 8 snowstorms of 18" or greater. Here they are! 

Season to season violtility has increased far greater than average snowfall has declined

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Since 1926,

has only received 8 snowstorms of 18" or greater. Here they are! 

i wish i had this 2 weeks ago. I heard a guy say "we sure don't get the big snowfalls like when i was a kid"!! I said yeah, they've been bigger since you were a kid. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

i wish i had this 2 weeks ago. I heard a guy say "we sure don't get the big snowfalls like when i was a kid"!! I said yeah, they've been bigger since you were a kid. 

I remember as a teen reading that our general area got a 12" snowfall about once a decade. I think between 2010 and 2019 we had at least 5...the 3 on the chart above plus the 2 big March storms. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Euro gets up to SW PA before blocking sends it to the coast.  Cold air draining down turns the top 1/3 of PA into snow.

image.thumb.png.eccad4f93a911dc83f6f224a0ea8fc34.png

In light of the way Fridays event was pushed south starting 2 days before game time, I'll continue to hold out weenie hopes and dreams I/majority of forum sees some accumulating snow.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Will probably lose it tomorrow with the rain but going to finish today with the 9th straight day of full snow cover with snow on roads and roofs.   Not too shabby. 

I am very surprised how well my pack is holding up. Still no grass in the back yard and only some thin spots up front. But next 24 hours will brutalize it.

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The fake punt was the point.  LOL.    I picked a random fake punt gif.   Did not pick the one from the Bills this weekend out of respect for MJS. 

I got it. It just struck me as I saw the video that I  hadn't watched a college football game in forever. I'm old. Gimme a break! Lol

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Jonesy56 said:

Amidst the talk of memorable events of recent years, I almost forgot to wish a Happy Anniversary to the record-holder.. Time truly flies.image.png.1fa0f7de7cc873d3b9d7c44b8ecb82c8.png

What I remember most is that the NAM was the first model to really focus on incredible totals near and along the 81 corridor in PA while some of the "varsity" models were focused further south. The NAM gave the Euro and others a little edumacation that event. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

It literally just happened again - I am in the process of hitting submit for a post of mine when JUST before that...someone else says the same thing.

Thanks Canderson. :)  

The Nam scored a home run with its Hurricane Ian forecast including being the first main line model to show the storm exiting off the East Coast and not destroying N Central Florida.

Signed- HNSIC (Head Nam Sympathizer In Charge. )

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I appreciate the concern but I am a Packers fan. It’s the thought that counts though! Haha

I knew that, not sure why I thought Bills.  Guess the two heartbreaking losses intermingled in my head.  Hopefully the Pack does not have a Thurman Thomas lost his helmet story to blame for any of their past.