Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

8 minutes ago, Jonesy56 said:

Even though its just a butt-ton of rain, I'm still weirdly excited to track this system and see increasing model consensus for a shellacking.

models-2023121412-f120.qpf_acc-imp.us_ne.gif

Yes! I'm model watching for the first time since last March because I'm genuinely excited to see what happens. Sure, I wish it was going to snow but a big, wrapped up storm still gets me invested. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Here we are mid-December and here we are with Whitetail, Roundtop and Liberty 100% closed from what I can see.  Seems like a yearly tradition to have no early winter skiing anymore.  

I think Roundtop opened pretty early one of the past few years but quickly had to close right back up until January because they just couldn't sustain a base. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Here we are mid-December and here we are with Whitetail, Roundtop and Liberty 100% closed from what I can see.  Seems like a yearly tradition to have no early winter skiing anymore.  

Indeed.. It's getting hard to justify buying season passes.. i stopped two years ago.  having to thread the needle to get down to Roundtop on days when conditions are half decent gets old.. i'll still get down there at every opportunity, but now I don't feel the pressure to go on crappy nights just to get my moneys worth out of the pass.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I think Roundtop opened pretty early one of the past few years but quickly had to close right back up until January because they just couldn't sustain a base. 

4 minutes ago, Jonesy56 said:

Indeed.. It's getting hard to justify buying season passes.. i stopped two years ago.  having to thread the needle to get down to Roundtop on days when conditions are half decent gets old.. i'll still get down there at every opportunity, but now I don't feel the pressure to go on crappy nights just to get my moneys worth out of the pass.

Yea, I would not buy a season pass unless I ate there a lot and the discount washed out the loss.  I like the 365 days a year place at Liberty.  Despite the cold shot that may be coming next week, seems hard to imagine they have a lot of luck opening before Christmas. 

10 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I sort of found a weird sense of humor in all of this a few months ago but it's beyond tiring now. 

Sorry for my involvement, but TCC came in here with good, honest facts directly from the NWS about the accuracy of their ASOS and got met with two nasty responses. I didn’t feel that particular post was any more agenda-driven or irrelevant to this region than Chesco’s daily summaries from southeastern PA. 

• Like 1

Sorry for my involvement, but TCC came in here with good, honest facts directly from the NWS about the accuracy of their ASOS and got met with two nasty responses. I didn’t feel that particular post was any more agenda-driven or irrelevant to this region than Chesco’s daily summaries from southeastern PA. 
I agree. I think the fucking lot of you should get the ban.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yea, I would not buy a season pass unless I ate there a lot and the discount washed out the loss.  I like the 365 days a year place at Liberty.  Despite the cold shot that may be coming next week, seems hard to imagine they have a lot of luck opening before Christmas. 

Got my kids Into skiing last year. They loved it. Went to liberty a couple times.

Thinking about planning a weekend trip to wisp in January.  Skiing was pretty rough at liberty last year. Hope they have a better season thus year 

• Like 3

Here's my thing. Maybe I'm becoming the crotchety "GET OFF MY LAWN" old guy here, or maybe I'm becoming the regionalist, but I don't post in the MA thread, which believe me, I've been tempted to go after some of those babies, and I don't even visit the Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, or NE forums because why would I?

If YBY doesn't receive EAS alerts from State College, PA, you have about as much business posting to this forum as I have of posting to Penthouse forum.

This sub forum, until about two months ago, was a pretty solid community where a core dozen or two of us enjoyed discussing the weather, with other things sprinkled in here and there. And then the douchebags rolled in and lately, I want to poke my eyes with straightened coat hangers every time the weather is slightly above normal. Probably an irrational reception to something I'm looking at on my phone, and I can just as simply put the damned thing down, but why should that have to be the option?

I've been a member of this community since the Eastern US WX site, and was on Wunderground before that. I don't feel like I should have to put the phone down just because we don't have a janitor willing to take out the trash.

But I feel myself getting more and more wanting to engage in the nonsense. And I promise you idiots, I still have a few flame wars left in me. And I fight fire with nuclear arms.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chris78 said:

Got my kids Into skiing last year. They loved it. Went to liberty a couple times.

Thinking about planning a weekend trip to wisp in January.  Skiing was pretty rough at liberty last year. Hope they have a better season thus year 

Cool.  It is a fun kids sport!   The best place I was ever at was Killington but I have never been out west. 

8 minutes ago, Yardstickgozinya said:

I don't like TB or CC in the least but the gang up mobs are no more desirable or respectable . Not that I probably haven't been guilty but I'm always try to get better at everything including being a better person. 

Show me how to block those 2 idiots and the problem will be solved. Until then.......they get what they deserve. 

Just now, PSUWhiteout70 said:

Show me how to block those 2 idiots and the problem will be solved. Until then.......they get what they deserve. 

You can ignore anyone by clicking in the top right (on your name) going to ignored users and entering their screen names.   You would however see posts where other members that are not ignored reply to the ignored users. 

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

You can ignore anyone by clicking in the top right (on your name) going to ignored users and entering their screen names.   You would however see posts where other members that are not ignored reply to the ignored users. 

Thank you, I just put the 2 idiots on my block list. Good riddance to them both. 

22 minutes ago, TimB said:

Tim, I understand. I really do. And I told him as much as well. My "issue" is that some of us in here are weather fans, but the majority are into one thing...snow. The board ebbs and flows with the seasons, and it's the time of the year when snow lovers have returned. So, part of my hang up is the "knowing your audience" thing - a lot of people only are interested in reading/hearing/talking about one thing, and that is how are we going to get snow on our yards. The second, related part of it is - we've talked Steelers, downtown Pittsburgh, snow, soccer, and other things. Depending on the season and other factors, all is okay in my book. However, TCC clearly has a singular agenda. It just so happens that his agenda is counter to what the masses want to hear about. And that dynamic, like it or not, even dare I say fair or not, has caused a lot of tension. I'm really trying not to take sides because a part of me sides with your "team." I balance that with the thought of trying to keep this a fun, comfortable place to hang out and chat. 

All I can say is this - if I'm told that I'm constantly pissing people off, I'd stop. Right or wrong, I'd stop. And he hasn't, even though he was asked to. That's just my perspective. Again, what I'm really tired with is the constant tension. As Atomix just alluded to, we'd have occasional "spats" (some of which I was a part of) but nothing of this nature. It's concerning.  

• Like 6

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

Tim, I understand. I really do. And I told him as much as well. My "issue" is that some of us in here are weather fans, but the majority are into one thing...snow. The board ebbs and flows with the seasons, and it's the time of the year when snow lovers have returned. So, part of my hang up is the "knowing your audience" thing - a lot of people only are interested in reading/hearing/talking about one thing, and that is how are we going to get snow on our yards. The second, related part of it is - we've talked Steelers, downtown Pittsburgh, snow, soccer, and other things. Depending on the season and other factors, all is okay in my book. However, TCC clearly has a singular agenda. It just so happens that his agenda is counter to what the masses want to hear about. And that dynamic, like it or not, even dare I say fair or not, has caused a lot of tension. I'm really trying not to take sides because a part of me sides with your "team." I balance that with the thought of trying to keep this a fun, comfortable place to hang out and chat. 

All I can say is this - if I'm told that I'm constantly pissing people off, I'd stop. Right or wrong, I'd stop. And he hasn't, even though he was asked to. That's just my perspective. Again, what I'm really tired with is the constant tension. As Atomix just alluded to, we'd have occasional "spats" (some of which I was a part of) but nothing of this nature. It's concerning.  

A fair, measured, balanced response. I wouldn’t expect anything less from you. I’ll try to stay out of the nonsense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

He won't stop he will come in here from Pittsburger with another name Climate Dick 100. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

Perhaps he will - that won't stop me from being respectful. I can control me, my words, my actions and no one else's. 

True. So sick of these people. Your a better person than I am and I respect that. But I am not sorry for my words to these clowns. And if it helps me I will continue to show my peace to them. They do this because they have nothing else to do, come into our forum and act like idiots. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PSUWhiteout70 said:

Tolerance and compromise have gotten us into the mess we're in right now, and I'm not just talking about this msg. board. 

Working in HR Management, one of the biggest, simplest, and most important life traits that has been lost is that a lot of people no longer care to be invested in talking and acting well around others. I see this play out almost every single day. I'm amazed at how many people today don't care what others think about them. Integrity...once was a backbone of people, has vanished. 

• Like 1