• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Snow Predictions

Coach McGuirk

Honestly I"m hesitant and nervous about this storm still (but in awe O-o)

ORF: 6.5" (potentially higher if no mixing issues..)

PHF: 8"

RIC: 5"

DCA: 3"

IF I bust I'm leaning on being to low in some places....... ><

Euro tossed me a bone. :P

ORF: 9.5"

PHF: 10"

RIC: 6.5" (airport/?? : P )

DCA: 4"

ORF: 7-9"

Va. Beach: 6-8"

Ratio and BL temp related. Even the NAM suggests temps of 33 or 34 during the heaviest precipitation, suggesting some less than ideal temps for accumulation. However, there's a classic impressive omega (UVV) bullseye overlying the DGZ (snow growth zone) during the best precip rates, suggesting heavy snow with big, fat flakes for a few hours. If the SREF is right and keeps coming in somewhat warm, we might end up with a situation where folks right on the coast get 3-4" and people a few miles inland get 8"+

ORF: 7-9"

Va. Beach: 6-8"

Ratio and BL temp related. Even the NAM suggests temps of 33 or 34 during the heaviest precipitation, suggesting some less than ideal temps for accumulation. However, there's a classic impressive omega (UVV) bullseye overlying the DGZ (snow growth zone) during the best precip rates, suggesting heavy snow with big, fat flakes for a few hours. If the SREF is right and keeps coming in somewhat warm, we might end up with a situation where folks right on the coast get 3-4" and people a few miles inland get 8"+

what is your prediction for the peninsula? i pretty much agree with you. 7 for southside, 11 for peninsul.

what is your prediction for the peninsula? i pretty much agree with you. 7 for southside, 11 for peninsul.

Not too much higher, maybe 8-10". They're going to be very close to dealing with the same issues. 25 miles in track changes at this point will mean the difference between slush and almost no mixing problems.

Guest someguy

Best Case

ORF: 14.4"

PHF: 12.6"

RIC: 10.5"

DCA: 9.6"

IAD: 6.7"

Worst Case

ORF: 6.4"

PHF: 5.2"

RIC: 4.2"

DCA: 3.5"

IAD: 2.4"

good range

here is dt's guess

post-534-0-00097000-1293288406.jpg

I will be interested to see how much Dave trims the Western amounts...models pretty bullish on only 2-3" for here and pretty consistently across the board including the "wet" GFS.

My uneducated call

BWI 4-6"

DCA 3-5"

IAD 2-4"

MBY 1-2"

Not sure about anyone else

Anticipating quicker bomb and wrap around deformation banding...precipitation looks to start earlier than forecast. Looks good. Remember in all these big ones somebody loses, yes, but the models usually omit a few winners too.

DCA- 8"

South/East suburbs- 10-14"

BWI-13"

North/East suburbs- 10-18"

Call me crazy but whatever.

Archived