Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2023-2024 Fall/Winter Mountain Thread

The Alchemist

9 hours ago, chris21 said:

Picked up somewhere between 4 and 6 inches on the west side of Beech at 4700 feet. Serious drifting and Blizzard conditions last night and constant flurries/light snow of varying intensity currently. Temp has reached 32.

I can confirm those amounts at my place also at 4650 on Beech (west of Ski resort).

• Like 3

8 hours ago, MotoWeatherman said:

I can confirm those amounts at my place also at 4650 on Beech (west of Ski resort).

I went up to the top yesterday and there was almost certainly a bit more snow on the west side than on top.

29 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

What's your temp? I started out at 17 this morning then shot up to 60 now back to 46. A wild day in temps. 

Currently 44. Dropped from 50 at 4PM. Light rain here now, but it's definitely at least a snow/rain mix above 4500 ft. Can't see Sheepback Mountain now and the top of Buck is mostly obscured.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Maggie Valley Steve said:

Currently 44. Dropped from 50 at 4PM. Light rain here now, but it's definitely at least a snow/rain mix above 4500 ft. Can't see Sheepback Mountain now and the top of Buck is mostly obscured.

Yeah tonight should be real interesting.  I'm surprised the NWS didn't come out with an advisory for any of the mountains...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Maggie Valley Steve said:

Down to 40 now. I'm certainly not expecting anything more than a mix at best here at 3300 ft, but I am impressed how quickly the moisture moved in and actually overcame a very dry layer this afternoon. Maybe I'll be surprised in the morning.;)

Same here. 40 here and rain. I think we will see something interesting. 

• Like 1