Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Fall 2023 OBS/Discussion Thread

Rtd208

3 hours ago, Mikeymac5306 said:

Just when you are feeling good about all the heat and humidity being gone to finally get some outdoor stuff done around your house this weekend, boom. Washout. 

Sounds like the perfect weekend to lay on the couch, watch football, eat Doritos and get fat! :thumbsup:

70F/DP 57F at noon

• Like 1

Our recent stretch of below normal temps looks to continue through much of the week. Nice weather through Friday but then needed rain is looking likely for the weekend. In addition to the rain...Saturday could be a mighty raw for September day with some of the highest spots in the county possibly not escaping the upper 50's. On a historical weather note today back in 1895 began the greatest late season heatwave across Chester County with the following locations all recording their first of 4 consecutive days over 90 degrees. Temperatures topped out at 100 at Coatesville; and 97 at West Chester, Phoenixville and Devault.
On the opposite side of the weather spectrum, today was also the earliest recorded freezing temperature, with a 32 degree low observed at both Coatesville and in West Chester back in 1956
Records for today: High 93 (1895) / Low 32 (1956) / Rain 2.48" (1938)
image.png.b1e45599a059e98c005578e9d234bf99.png

33 minutes ago, ChescoWx said:
Our recent stretch of below normal temps looks to continue through much of the week. Nice weather through Friday but then needed rain is looking likely for the weekend. In addition to the rain...Saturday could be a mighty raw for September day with some of the highest spots in the county possibly not escaping the upper 50's. On a historical weather note today back in 1895 began the greatest late season heatwave across Chester County with the following locations all recording their first of 4 consecutive days over 90 degrees. Temperatures topped out at 100 at Coatesville; and 97 at West Chester, Phoenixville and Devault.
On the opposite side of the weather spectrum, today was also the earliest recorded freezing temperature, with a 32 degree low observed at both Coatesville and in West Chester back in 1956
Records for today: High 93 (1895) / Low 32 (1956) / Rain 2.48" (1938)
image.png.b1e45599a059e98c005578e9d234bf99.png

Very fitting for the first day of Fall...

fit.jpg

Yesterday I had a 55/73 low/high and this morning I bottomed out a little cooler at 53, but made it up to 75 for a high.  Stellar day.  Have had more clouds today than yesterday and they continue to funnel in.

It's currently 72 and partly sunny with dp 55.  Am watching the system due to come by here this weekend and the model tracks are still all over the place (18Z GFS coastal scraping, 18Z NAMs (both res.) more to the west including coming inland along the coast, 12Z EC to the east of them all, just beyond scraping and the Canadian a sortof average between the EC and GFS).  If it really does scrape or even come inland, that might cut some of the totals in this area although that could increase them further west.  But being a longer duration storm thanks to an anticipated temporary blocking high to the north, then it could still build up some totals.

This has been a ridiculously great stretch of weather to find one's self working outside. I've been slinging a 3" hand auger for geologic sampling for the past three days, and I'm so happy the work was delayed until this week (we were originally slated to do this a month ago!!!)

We hit 48.9°F this morning. I needed a sweatshirt for the first few hours yesterday with the wind, but today was just glorious. Going to attempt a drone flight tomorrow at work, I'm hoping the wind stays calm. Anything above 15mph sustained and gusts above 20mph grounds us, so here's hoping.

I see highs in the 60's in the forecast, finally! Saturday looks to be a properly fall-like day, and how appropriate. I think I will choose to celebrate with a home-made beef stew. Missed you, fall.

A nice couple of day's to close out the week across Chester County before rain arrives toward Saturday morning lasting through Sunday early PM. The Phightin Phils may have some issues getting in their Saturday game vs. the Mets.
Records for today: HIgh 100 (1895) / Low 30 (1956) / Rain 4.30" (1979)
image.png.cf45ba4d55b6296ba522fd918d5f4282.png

Looks like there will be a very long fetch of wind off the Atlantic for a rather long time the center north and northeast is going to get significant coastal flooding, Gusty winds, plenty of fresh water flooding on top of oceanic flooding while it will be like a noreaster it is going to be a significant weather maker that will definitely be disruptive of course as modeled. 

We have Tropical Depression type stuff up here and the storm comes up and doesn't leave sounds like fun!  

Anyone going to Irish Weekend in WildWood should be interesting. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ABE SnowObserver said:

Classic car show in Wildwood on the boardwalk also.  Called them today and they said "Rain or shine". Oh boy.... Love to be down there for this but don't think we are going.

Yeah terrible timing I had a car there once.

But wet pavement will help with the illegal burnouts in town..

• Haha 1

A pretty big early season noreaster is on the way that will impact the County this weekend. Look for rain to arrive shortly after midnight and fall heavy at times tomorrow through Sunday morning. It should become more showery in nature by Sunday into Monday before ending.
Of note tomorrow will likely see many of the higher spots across the area fail to escape the 50's for high temperatures....so a mighty chiller early fall day which arrives at 2:50am overnight tonight.
Records for today: High 99 (1895) / Low 31 (1904) / Rain 1.81" (1975)
image.png.6d3fe57aa4d239e333746ff686c80367.png