• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Fall 2023 OBS/Discussion Thread

Rtd208

So I'm looking to upgrade my weather station in the near future. Does anybody here know if you can keep your existing station name (and thus be able to maintain contiguous data collection)? I have almost 3 years of saved data and I'd hate to lose access to it.

Really enjoyed last night's "sweatshirt weather". Our low was 50.3°F.

• Weenie 1

2 hours ago, CoolHandMike said:

So I'm looking to upgrade my weather station in the near future. Does anybody here know if you can keep your existing station name (and thus be able to maintain contiguous data collection)? I have almost 3 years of saved data and I'd hate to lose access to it.

Really enjoyed last night's "sweatshirt weather". Our low was 50.3°F.

Nope.  They usually don't let you migrate the data to a new station.  I still have my old one online at WU (that is about 8 years old and I brought it with me when I moved to my current location) and saw no way to move the name to the newer one (had to create a new ID).  Both are Ambients and when I got the newer one, Ambient had set up its own site so I have the newer one reporting to both (WU doesn't recognize the lightning data nor the PM sensor data).  However I also have my newer one's data being sniffed by a little gateway guy and I feed that to a Raspberry Pi to display internally, and that data is on the Pi so I do at least have that.  I think WU does let you create a data backup (they have putzed with their site on and off for a bunch of years when they were bought so I had periodically tried to download the data from the older station).

As an obs, I was a smidge warmer this morning than yesterday morning (55 vs 53) and am actually at my high for the day so far of 76.  Have lots of blue sky and a dp of 54 so an ideal, albeit cool (with the breeze) day.

6 hours ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Nope.  They usually don't let you migrate the data to a new station.  I still have my old one online at WU (that is about 8 years old and I brought it with me when I moved to my current location) and saw no way to move the name to the newer one (had to create a new ID).  Both are Ambients and when I got the newer one, Ambient had set up its own site so I have the newer one reporting to both (WU doesn't recognize the lightning data nor the PM sensor data).  However I also have my newer one's data being sniffed by a little gateway guy and I feed that to a Raspberry Pi to display internally, and that data is on the Pi so I do at least have that.  I think WU does let you create a data backup (they have putzed with their site on and off for a bunch of years when they were bought so I had periodically tried to download the data from the older station).

As an obs, I was a smidge warmer this morning than yesterday morning (55 vs 53) and am actually at my high for the day so far of 76.  Have lots of blue sky and a dp of 54 so an ideal, albeit cool (with the breeze) day.

Aww, that's a bummer. I really need to do what you did and find a way to extract the data locally. Thanks, Agnes!

Early sun today will fade quickly behind clouds with showers arriving during the 2pm hour across much of Chester County. The latest NAM shows a general 3/4 inch of rain...other models less than a 1/2 inch. If this was winter it could be the difference between 4" of snow to 8"...in late summer we just enjoy the needed rain!
Records for today: High 93 (1898) / Low 35 (1990) / Rain 3.90" (1945)
image.png.426f66d929da56850e4c65ac9c3c4b25.png

Topped off at 76 yesterday as a high and bottomed out at 52 this morning, the latter being the coolest of the month so far, although the temp quickly rebounded back into the upper 60s by mid morning. 

It's been mostly sunny all morning but is starting to cloud over and the dp is also creeping up.  Currently partly sunny and 78 with dp 59.

• Like 1

Just had a negatively tilted thin band of showers pass through moving from SW -> NE giving me 0.32".  Rates had reached upwards of 1.75"/hr briefly before it moved on.  I was hoping I hadn't jinxed it since I had put my patio umbrella down. :lol:

I did make it up to 80 before the rain hit and it's currently overcast and looks like a big break before another batch *might* come through from out west but we shall see.  Currently 66 with dp a more humid 65.

First day with highs remaining in the 60's since August 24th...0.12" of rain so far this afternoon with a bit more on the way tonight into tomorrow...after that a beautiful autumnal week on tap for the County!!
Tough one for the Phightin Phillies today but go Phils as we move toward Red October!!!

I eventually finished up with 0.84" yesterday and had 0.37" early this morning before the new batch of rain moved in.  Have picked up an additional 0.21" since, for a total of 0.58" for the day so far, and a total of 1.42" for the 2-day event.  Yay!

Bottomed out at 60 this morning and am currently an overcast and misty 64 with dp 63.

Our great autumnal weather continues for the remainder of this week. Temps should tend to average a bit below normal for latter September. Tonight looks to be the chilliest night with many lower spots across the county seeing temps falling into the 40's. Rain chances increase from south to north by Saturday afternoon.
Records for today: High 92 (1983) / Low 36 (1943) / Rain 3.27" (1894)
image.png.6f0f714ddfe6bc1ce190cf12a48411c8.png