PAC071-133-272215-
/O.NEW.KCTP.SV.W.0103.230727T2115Z-230727T2215Z/

BULLETIN - IMMEDIATE BROADCAST REQUESTED
Severe Thunderstorm Warning
National Weather Service State College PA
515 PM EDT Thu Jul 27 2023

The National Weather Service in State College PA has issued a

* Severe Thunderstorm Warning for...
  Central Lancaster County in south central Pennsylvania...
  Central York County in south central Pennsylvania...

* Until 615 PM EDT.

* At 515 PM EDT, a severe thunderstorm was located over Wrightsville,
  moving east at 30 mph.

HAZARD...60 mph wind gusts.

SOURCE...Radar indicated.

IMPACT...Expect damage to roofs, siding, and trees.

* Locations impacted include...
  Lancaster, Columbia, Millersville, Willow Street,
  Stonybrook-Wilshire, Paradise, Salunga-Landisville, Maytown,
  Strasburg, Mountville, Hallam and Marietta.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

For your protection move to an interior room on the lowest floor of a
building.

&&

LAT...LON 3996 7599 3993 7598 3993 7600 3987 7599
      3987 7600 3985 7602 3984 7602 3997 7665
      4008 7661 4007 7593 4004 7594
TIME...MOT...LOC 2115Z 275DEG 28KT 3999 7653

HAIL THREAT...RADAR INDICATED
MAX HAIL SIZE...<.75 IN
WIND THREAT...RADAR INDICATED
MAX WIND GUST...60 MPH

$$

1 minute ago, Storm Clouds said:

I was just on the Northwest River Trail biking a couple days ago. Hopefully no one got caught on the trail in that sucker lol

My wife and I have gotten caught many times out on the trail, however there were 2 times when it was legit scary. As you know, a ton of trees along the way and we've witnessed more than a few come crashing down close to us. Since we're walkers, on days like today I'll keep us within a mile or so of the parking lot we use so that if something does pop, we're not too far from the car. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Welp in the perfect spot yet again for two beautiful cells that went right overhead. Been lucky over here lately. Looks like it’s gonna be close to another .6”, and I’ve also hit my low for the day at 75.  Poor MU haha, but man, that sh$t happens to everyone in the weather game. 

That cell literally hit the campus square on too lol…

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Welp in the perfect spot yet again for two beautiful cells that went right overhead. Been lucky over here lately. Looks like it’s gonna be close to another .6”, and I’ve also hit my low for the day at 75.  Poor MU haha, but man, that sh$t happens to everyone in the weather game. 

He was calling for isolated storms, and at least as of now that's exactly what's happened. The only severe warned storm in the LSV just happened to hit the campus. 

• Like 1

Wtf, who are these people?
My best friends little brother is a smoke jumper. If he ever got hurt because some idiot lights a fire on purpose I'll bring the rope. That Twitter account is a great resource for fire news. Also we need to pay our forest firefighters soon or they are going to go on strike this fall.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

That Twitter account’s pinned tweet is some insane conspiracy nonsense about Canadian wildfires. The internet has broken so many people’s minds. 
The pinned tweet was debunking the crazy stuff about the Canadian wildfires being started by people not lightning

Weird I read it entirely the other way. Long day at work here. 
Lots and lots of fires are started by at least human influence if not Aaron. Look at California fire history with there arrests and the paradise fire started by power lines. You can pretty much look at a population density map overlayed with fires and at least have a pretty good idea of the odds are how it started. But fires in the borel forests of Canada are almost purely by lightning. I'm just upset that everything gets political anymore so neuence and details don't matter and it ensures both sides are horrendously wrong in different circumstances. You would appreciate the union fight our forest firefighters are going through right now.

56 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I thought the it looked pretty hopeful a couple of hours ago. I was hoping it would get everyone some water. 

I am surprised that we are down to 78 here alrrady....still fairly thick cloud cover.   Only 3 degrees to go to bypass our low last night.   HRRR has my area getting into the 60's now.