• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA Summer 2023

Just now, sauss06 said:

we have been getting a really nice soaking rain. 

we have been getting a really nice soaking rain here. I will mow tomorrow too. Lost track of #

On mow #8 and my grass has not started to regrow at all yet despite the 1/3" on Mon and little bit on Wed.  Some green but no mowing on the immediate docket here.  Seems quite possible to go into July under double digits as I bet it grows some after today but if we are dry for the next week or two, one more mow will be it for June. 

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

On mow #8 and my grass has not started to regrow at all yet despite the 1/3" on Mon and little bit on Wed.  Some green but no mowing on the immediate docket here.  Seems quite possible to go into July under double digits as I bet it grows some after today but if we are dry for the next week or two, one more mow will be it for June. 

i should have mowed yesterday. But the hockey game/tailgating won the priority

• Like 1

Honest question to anyone who might know - what would cause the explosive development of severe weather that just occurred? There was a decaying line of stratiform rain moving east, it's still early in the day without sun so it wasn't related to heating/instability like we'll likely get later...so why did those storms blow up over southern York county/nothern MD and then continue to grow as they moved east/northeast? 

There has been so many tornado warnings between yesterday and today nationwide. Maybe it's recentcy bias, but it feels like some systems just have some ingredient that spins any and all storms once they reach a threshold. I did see a map highlighting a 5% tornado risk not far from where warning was.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Honest question to anyone who might know - what would cause the explosive development of severe weather that just occurred? There was a decaying line of stratiform rain moving east, it's still early in the day without sun so it wasn't related to heating/instability like we'll likely get later...so why did those storms blow up over southern York county/nothern MD and then continue to grow as they moved east/northeast? 
Look at the surface analysis from this morning. I believe higher CAPE was just about where those storms blew up. Sun rises very early. Amazing what just a few hours can do.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jns2183 said:

Look at the surface analysis from this morning. I believe higher CAPE was just about where those storms blew up. Sun rises very early. Amazing what just a few hours can do.

Thanks - I guess this might be a situation where models/maps > forecasts as what has just transpired was most certainly NOT what was expected...we were to get a round of light to moderate rain this morning followed by a 2nd round later today with scattered storms. 

Thanks - I guess this might be a situation where models/maps > forecasts as what has just transpired was most certainly NOT what was expected...we were to get a round of light to moderate rain this morning followed by a 2nd round later today with scattered storms. 
We may still get second round.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

High CAPE, being on the boundary layer and a decaying system = spinners 

• Thanks 1