• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2023 OBS Thread

JTA66

Had a final bucket tip of 0.01" to yield 0.10" from that pop-up set of cells.  It was wild watching that thing start as a couple cells and then build into a literal battering ram line that blasted through Montco & Bucks, right into central & northern NJ, and is now all the way up in NY and CT. :o

I was surprised at how warm it already was early this morning (upper '70s) before the cells bubbled up.  My "low" ended up being 75 and it's currently mostly sunny and a steamy 81 with dp 76.

It looks like most of the 90 degree temps yesterday across Chester County were in the lower spots under 500 ft ASL. Muggy today with some showers and thunderstorms possible late this afternoon into tonight. Tomorrow looks like the driest day of the weekend before rain chances increase again for Sunday.
Records for today: High 100 (1954) / Low 51 (1904) / Rain 2.98" (1928)
image.png.65d7180a3058ce182b4625d6cc4e824b.png

1 hour ago, Lady Di said:

Going to the ball park later.  Odds of getting wet are about 99.9%

You'll sweat/get wet regardless. Just got done mowing the lawn and I'm a puddle.

Critters (Cicadas) out in full force. One stops then the other starts jamming within minutes...

6 minutes ago, RedSky said:

All the models are dry now for today it's hilarious

Hrrr has showers 8-10pm tonight.

Well it wasn't progged to really rain this morning but I got a pop-up that became a formidable line that headed up to the NE.  And it wasn't supposed to be "as hot" as yesterday but I just tapped 89 about 10 minutes ago and am a degree away from another heat wave (with a Wed. 91 & Thurs. 93).

Currently partly sunny with cumulus billowing up, and bopping between 88 and 89, with dp 74.

38 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Well it wasn't progged to really rain this morning but I got a pop-up that became a formidable line that headed up to the NE.  And it wasn't supposed to be "as hot" as yesterday but I just tapped 89 about 10 minutes ago and am a degree away from another heat wave (with a Wed. 91 & Thurs. 93).

Currently partly sunny with cumulus billowing up, and bopping between 88 and 89, with dp 74.

If accurate, 90F.

Feel bad for those who have to work outside...It's gotta be brutal even just a hour.

90.jpg

13 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

If accurate, 90F.

Feel bad for those who have to work outside...It's gotta be brutal even just a hour.

90.jpg

And I hit 91 about 20 minutes ago, tying my Wed. temp!  :lol:

Don't know if I'll get to yesterday's 93 but I think the forecast for today in general was mid - upper 80s and I'm definitely at or above that now.

Currently 89 and clouding up, with dp 73.

5 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

And I hit 91 about 20 minutes ago, tying my Wed. temp!  :lol:

Don't know if I'll get to yesterday's 93 but I think the forecast for today in general was mid - upper 80s and I'm definitely at or above that now.

Currently 89 and clouding up, with dp 73.

Mostly cloudy here and looks like something could pop up in a second...

I sure would like to know who is calling 60% chances of rain at Mt Holly?  20% would much more accurate. No more than 20% of the FWA have precip  any any given time lately.  When the public sees 60%, they start canceling outdoor events.  Hitting 90 degrees for three days in a row is not being accurate as well. These short range models in this current pattern absolutely suck. Shortwaves also do not mean uniform precip coverage. 

11 minutes ago, Albedoman said:

I sure would like to know who is calling 60% chances of rain at Mt Holly?  20% would much more accurate. No more than 20% of the FWA have precip  any any given time lately.  When the public sees 60%, they start canceling outdoor events.  Hitting 90 degrees for three days in a row is not being accurate as well. These short range models in this current pattern absolutely suck. Shortwaves also do not mean uniform precip coverage. 

Couple days ago I think we were at 80-90% today. But summer is difficult to call you can end up with a good summer day where you coulda shoulda then have the evening storm that fulfills the potential.