Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Drought 2023

nwohweather

59 minutes ago, Lightning said:

Continued wet south like that is usually a bad sign to the north.  We shall see though as this could just be a pattern change process which later July and August might have better results for the northern areas.  At least it's more active and all I need is a renegade storms like Alek is getting this morning :thumbsup:

blessed

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lightning said:

It is nice.  Got some rain but heavy stuff just missed MBY. 

I’m downtown and it looks like that cell is B lining towards me. I’d laugh if todays event hit the southern row of counties on the border. S of the border is what I expect

1 hour ago, A-L-E-K said:

felt wet and muggy this morning, long term drought def not busted but the limited heat and recent rains have things looking p close to normal again here greenery wise

upcoming looking like a miss south parade for a while but i can cope with some scraps

I think we will see things 'reset' some mid-July.  Hopefully when the heat dome re-establishes itself it is a bit stronger for the Great Lakes area to get in the ring of fire.  Just don't want it too strong and blast it far north!!

1 hour ago, Lightning said:

I think we will see things 'reset' some mid-July.  Hopefully when the heat dome re-establishes itself it is a bit stronger for the Great Lakes area to get in the ring of fire.  Just don't want it too strong and blast it far north!!

Like the boundary waters derecho  go north of Lake Superior lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, A-L-E-K said:

Pulled off the classic and seamless drought to flood headlines transition 

Pretty much a given if there is a giant event happening, nascar race, that requires good weather it will rain the entire time. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SolidIcewx said:

That defo band is no joke

Reminiscent of the August 11, 2014 Detroit flood event. Near tropical airmass + mild/moderate baroclinicity results in weak, diffuse, ambling surface low that can produce impressive rainfall. They tend to be poorly modeled. The ECMWF saw it for the most part but the GFS and NAM were clueless.

1.25" in Dekalb today. Most rainfall in a day in the last 3 months.

• Like 1