• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring/Summer Mid-Long Term Discussion

John1122

Man the gfs really wants to keep the heat around for another 10-14 days. I'm not surprised but I was hoping to see some fall mornings.

Looks like upper 70’s to low 80’s most of next week around Knoxville. [mention=499]John1122[/mention] might get into the upper 40’s one morning.

12 minutes ago, PowellVolz said:

Looks like upper 70’s to low 80’s most of next week around Knoxville. [mention=499]John1122[/mention] might get into the upper 40’s one morning.

Yeah GFS brings that tropical storm through which would certainly help us out. It's on the extreme western edge of guidance though so not very likely at the moment. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fountainguy97 said:

Man the gfs really wants to keep the heat around for another 10-14 days. I'm not surprised but I was hoping to see some fall mornings.

With the things it's been throwing out, you can safely shave 5 to 10 degrees off the highs it tosses out when it starts those 105+ degree readings.

• Like 2

To be fair, I think many of us have adjusted our expectations in recent years to round September to summer. It's hard to take fall seriously until October at best. Let's hope September 2023 is NOT a redux of September 2019. That's my concern at the moment. September 2018 and 2016 were rough as well, but at least there were snapshots of autumn those months...at least for middle TN. September 2019 was wall-to-wall blowtorch. Please, MJO, don't park yourself in phases 8-1. Wait until DJF. 

The good thing is that I think this ends as hurricane season ends...maybe VERY sharply changing to cold.  Nino years tend to build a ridge over the EC which allows for more landfalling hurricans/TS systems.  Endless summer is on tap...I think we probably see a cold shot mid-September or just after...a last gasp of heat...and then true fall.  The West could see winter start early.  They better get all the snow they can get before the winter pattern sets in......

• Like 2

Nice, John. Sure feels good out there relative to last week. I'm making plans to do some outdoor activities with the kiddos today. Looks like we'll have to wait a while for the next overcast day around these parts. Not a bad week to hit up some parks/hiking trails/splash pads, etc. 

• Like 3

About an inch and a quarter of rain this morning and looks like a good bit more in the pipeline. Thunder and heavy rain moving overhead right now. This should continue to help blunt the heat. My uncle, just East of Dallas in Hunt Co, hasn't had rain in over a month and has only had 3 or 4 days in August under 100f.

• Like 1

Sadly close to a goose egg here for my area. Some good rains to my west & east.  With the dry & heat coming back.  It is going to delay me planting new landscaping.  Yard was struggling from heat till this break.  2 weeks it will be brown.  I’m past the mood to water it. 

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic
5 hours ago, PowellVolz said:

Looks like next week we get a shot at some rain and early fall like temps. Mother Nature has given me the finger on some rain. Haven’t had any in over two weeks. I’ve consistently been gapped by everything that’s came through. My poor lawn is fried. emoji53.png

Same. I've only had .3 inches since Aug 15th.