• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 11-12 ULL Winter Storm

Upstate Tiger

Chiming in here from the north...curious how the Asheville area has done?  Was it a dud except for the very higher elevations?  I visited Asheville last year so I'm trying to learn the area a bit.  This seems like one of those systems where you need to be as close to the H5 low as possible, even further north.

6 minutes ago, 87storms said:

Chiming in here from the north...curious how the Asheville area has done?  Was it a dud except for the very higher elevations?  I visited Asheville last year so I'm trying to learn the area a bit.  This seems like one of those systems where you need to be as close to the H5 low as possible, even further north.

Pretty much a dud everywhere..few inches above 4000' in a handful of areas

21 minutes ago, snowbird1230 said:

Pretty much a dud everywhere..few inches above 4000' in a handful of areas

That's a bummer.  I live in Frederick, MD and have had maybe an inch all season from 2 jeep-toppers and a non-accumulating snow shower lol.  This winter has not been friendly to the east coast, in general.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 87storms said:

That's a bummer.  I live in Frederick, MD and have had maybe an inch all season from 2 jeep-toppers and a non-accumulating snow shower lol.  This winter has not been friendly to the east coast, in general.

So I’m from the DC area (grew up  there and lived off and on for 30 years). I’ve also lived in Asheville and am planning on moving to Boone area later this year/early next year. In general, Asheville has a similar snow climo to DC but once you get west and north slightly it improves dramatically. An hour north of Asheville on the Tennessee border some areas average over 90 inches of snow and those areas have at least 30-40 inches on the year. Outside of the northwest flow zone though it’s been pretty awful.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chris21 said:

So I’m from the DC area (grew up  there and lived off and on for 30 years). I’ve also lived in Asheville and am planning on moving to Boone area later this year/early next year. In general, Asheville has a similar snow climo to DC but once you get west and north slightly it improves dramatically. An hour north of Asheville on the Tennessee border some areas average over 90 inches of snow and those areas have at least 30-40 inches on the year. Outside of the northwest flow zone though it’s been pretty awful.

Those areas are about 50% of climo to date if not worst. Not been a good season.