Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2023 Short/Medium Range Severe Weather Discussion

Chicago Storm

On 8/26/2023 at 5:52 PM, frostfern said:

I'm kind of annoyed I didn't just stay home now.  I missed a really insane positive CG barrage right over city.  My dad told me the picture frames in the house were all crooked because the thunder shook the entire house.  The tornadic portion was a ways north, but there was apparently a lot of lighting bolts well to the south.  Everyone has commented the thunder was unusually loud and seemed different from normal.  I wish I knew some way to get archived lighting data.

You want CG.  I have been in the Keys all week.  Unfortunately on the plane now heading home.  I have seen about 100 CG strikes this week.  Some very close others out in the waters.  Lots of good nocturnal storms too.

• 2 weeks later...

Had some interest in severe potential for tomorrow but it hasn't trended too impressively. Has some elements of a classic cold core setup with the moisture tongue getting pulled back into the TP, but just seems like the ingredients are out of phase on the models. All the flow is well out to the east in the warm sector, where there's no CAPE.